Bug screens, and mesh.

Wooly

hi folks,

Questions for you.

The screen I have on my windows on my pilot house is for large bugs like horse flys and mosquitos. If any of you fish up north in june you all know that that boat flys away in the evening when the wind dies from the black flys and no see ums. Anyone replaced screens on their boats? I phoned DSG in van but no luck. I'm looking at getting rid of this big stuff and getting some smaller mesh so i can air out and not get eating alive. any tips advice or somewhere to go? Thanks folks.

Cheers.

Wooly

I got fine screen from my local rona, cut to shape of the windows, put Velcro tape on the edge of the screen and some strips on the window frame, done for under 20 bucks and roll up when not in use.
I also made a screen for the opening to the V-birth. I used goop to glue the Velcro tape to the screen.

What brand of Windows do you have? There are 2 window manufacture in Vancouver that make screens for there windows

AJR
Diamond sea glaze. My c dory window screens were pretty tight mesh

I got fine screen from my local rona, cut to shape of the windows, put Velcro tape on the edge of the screen and some strips on the window frame, done for under 20 bucks and roll up when not in use.
I also made a screen for the opening to the V-birth. I used goop to glue the Velcro tape to the screen.

Awesome idea….I will probably try this out myself. Jac they are DSG in van that u mentioned. I called them and they could not help me. I might try the other guys u mentioned. Cheers,

Wooly

Back