Browns Bay Reports?

It's hit and miss but there were a bunch over 20 brought in the other day to the marina

Pinks and Cohos... Few nice springs...Sunny, slight breeze.
Good day on the water.. Fishing was hot when it came on, but allegedly no other boats fished anything close to what I, my aunt, and her son did.
Odd.
Wrong gear probably?
We had at least 10 fish on.. One was looking like a monster until it spit off.

I was out today too.. Double header springs, and one pink, and the rest of the day was nothing but sharks.. Got rid of the Anchovie for hoochies, and still sharks.. The bite was just not on today...

Green on Green... Probably saw you out there.. We were the 17 Alum with the mini top on it.

I did... See above catch report
Green Flasher / Anchovie.
Sharks move in use hoochies.
Fishing there is odd... There's fish all the time, but trying to get them to bite can be a patience wearer, but when they do, wow.

what area do you fish in at browns bay, i have only been their once and only fished the bay across from marina 2 years ago

HEy fishbc.org Just wondering when you were gonna post the pics from the night you caught two tyee's and a 80lb hali?????? Your post said you had pics. Sure would love to see that catch!!!!! Keep up the great work!

late info,,,,(2wks ago)...launched in CR(native launch) up through Discovery Passage...to Okisollo? channel ..set prawn traps...then through Hole in Wall, up east side Sonorra Is. then fished Hall Pt. with 5-6 other sporties...no fish caught....went looking for pinks up Phillips Arm....nothing.... came back down Discouvery Pass. to pick up prawn traps in Okisollo Pass.....(4hrs soak)....nothing....unreal weather(as in great) B-E-A-UTIFUL DAY on the water non the less....God we live in HEAVEN!!!!!

HEy fishbc.org Just wondering when you were gonna post the pics from the night you caught two tyee's and a 80lb hali?????? Your post said you had pics. Sure would love to see that catch!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Still waiting for my friend to upload those. Might be able to get the ones from this past weekend though from Browns with my aunt as soon as she uploads them. She made it safely home up north last night. Looking forward to this weekend out there.

what area do you fish in at browns bay, i have only been their once and only fished the bay across from marina 2 years ago

The Wall is where we fish. I won't post location on here,, as it might tick some people off, but if you ask someone there on the dock they will tell you exactly where it is. It won't cost you any gas money it's so close to the marina.

many pinks???.....holmes*

Yeah boated quite a few, lost a bunch, but as we were leaving Sat evening, The water was literally boiling with them, but they wouldn't bite at that time. Heaving themselves right out of the water. It was quite spectacular.

Went their today, travled from Courtenay fished from 9-4:30 PM. First got their talk to guy at fish cleaning station and his information was negative and people have not been doing so well in this area. Well different areas we tried and came up with 1 x dog fish, were neck and neck with lots of boats and saw only like 4 pinks caught. Few guide boats from Painters were around and they all had sad faces as you troll by them, but i will use the new saying in this area and comox area "it was a nice day " thats all i can say. We watch a small commerical fisher troller bring in in his net start to finish, he brought up 3 fish.

I can't wait to see all these pictures fishbc.org that you are hopfully going to be posting. Been awhile since I even seen a salmon. Your the only guy that I have even heard of that has been killing them every where you fish. Hope you are going to show me one of these days how it's done. Freezer is almost empty.

Yeah like I said way back the Painters boats weren't doing so well. Friday was great up there, but Sat was pretty dull except quick double header and one pink. Sharks galore.. I'm guessing being that everything is transient there, that we just got lucky on the Friday, and perhaps some moved on Sat?. Unsure Will try this again soon. Bruce at White Wolf there can confirm that we did quite well. 88 feet in 120 to 130 feet of water on the green flasher with anchovie was the ticket until the sharks moved in Sat. *shrug*

I talked to the marina manager on monday. He said they have been hit and miss but when they are on the bite they are decent fish. They only post pics of fish over 20# on the board there and so far over 20 have come in. He says that's double from last year at this time and there have been almost a dozen tyees as well. Still, he says he sees a lot more long faces than smiles and giggles for the number of boats going out right now.

Yeah might be worth a shot.. out of two days one was good, so 50/50 is better than what is going on this end it seems?.
Pier was pretty dead today. Saw a whopping total of two pinks come off.. Nothing on the board for springs since July 27th which was a 35. Did happen to see a few schools of about 30 pinks floating around on the flood, but they weren't taking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back