Browns Bay Chum Derby

But Dave, there's a bottle of Fireball that's been calling your name since last october. I heard it at the LQ the other day.

"dave, where are you going dave? What are you doing dave?"

Whats wrong with you? Chum are a blast to catch plus they make great candy. I sure hope there is a Chum run this year.

ROFLMAO, I just realized Lorne changed his avatar.

But if he pulls the OBH chum technique, that'd be hilarious (and likely photographed)

What??????? Big numbers? or just the od fish? Can anyone confirm that there is going to be a solid run. I want Chum Candy..

Moorage and rv spot are booked,This derby and the winter spring derby out of poets nook are my two favourite derbies of the year.Lots of good people and lots of booze, can't wait

Ive done the loggers twice. by FAR my fav. the chum is the loggers of the north i hear but never been in it. Would like to this year!

Moorage and RV spot is booked. Now lets hope the fish show up . Fished hard last year for three chums.Would be nice to see what this fishery is like wen it is good.
One thing for sure the beer tent is always entertaining as too is the clubhouse. Not much chatter about it this year is everyone sitting this one out or what?

Lets see the chum show up...And lets see the commercialization/money maker for the marina gone. I think people had more fun when it was a free for all raiseing money for a purpose and people having fun.

Will be there as usual, but different crew this year. this is always a good time. The best year was meeting Osama Bin Hopper and his lovely wife, Copper, My Escape and others that I can't remember at this time down at the fire pit at the point. Jeff brought out all those huge scallops and we cooked them on the fire and then watched Kevin back his truck up the hill and in to the ditch, and that was just the first night. The next day we saw the "Browns Bay Derby Poster Child" the guy chewing the head off the chum wearing only sweat pants covered in blood and holding a bottle of Crown. We were trolling beside him and my buddy wanted to get away from him as he thought he might climb on are boat. This derby is always the last kick at the cat and then the boat gets put to bed for the winter.

Back