Breakwater Marine just won't go away

In my past life I was an auditor for many marine dealership bankruptcy cases and this minor compared to what I have seen. But , just my two cents, if you Ever Ever take your boat and engine in for service , repair or what ever and the asset has to be left on the dealership lot ALWAYS ALWAYS get a signed statement signed by the dealership that it is yours and it is in for repairs. Make sure u also note all serial numbers and have it signed. I always get that done, the dealership people look at me oddly but in the end they all look good until it's to late and trust me most of them are operating on a shoe string

In my past life I was an auditor for many marine dealership bankruptcy cases and this minor compared to what I have seen. But , just my two cents, if you Ever Ever take your boat and engine in for service , repair or what ever and the asset has to be left on the dealership lot ALWAYS ALWAYS get a signed statement signed by the dealership that it is yours and it is in for repairs. Make sure u also note all serial numbers and have it signed. I always get that done, the dealership people look at me oddly but in the end they all look good until it's to late and trust me most of them are operating on a shoe string

I think this is a great idea, but have never done it. Do you have a particular way of wording the statement? So it is clear and not ambiguous.

I think this is a great idea, but have never done it. Do you have a particular way of wording the statement? So it is clear and not ambiguous.
Since I am not a lawyer , this should be considered a non legal opinion and offered freely as what I have done. I have obtained the following signed by local dealerships when leaving my assets at a dealership for repair.

I (your name) of (your address) have left with (dealership name) this (day) of (month) , (year)
The following , which is herein acknowledged
by the undersigned as property of (your name)
- Boat Mfg , Boat Serial Number (in full)
- All outboard motor Mfr , HP and Serial Number
Date:
Your Signature :
Marine Dealership Shop Mgr Sugnature;

*Note , I usually take everything out of boat so no need to list everything (it's a hassle but should a trustee be involved it's a heck of a lot easier than ever trying to explain it to the trustee,which you wont , trust me on that you will probable never see those items again).
Again , this is something I use, simple and not intrusive and I feel if the Dealership wont sign, maybe I better go somewhere else (and I have lol)
Just my 2 cents

Wow,, what a world we live in when a guy has to do all this to protect his property or maybe it’s just the neighborhood you’re in. I’ve never heard of this taking place anywheres near my country.

Since I am not a lawyer , this should be considered a non legal opinion and offered freely as what I have done. I have obtained the following signed by local dealerships when leaving my assets at a dealership for repair.

I (your name) of (your address) have left with (dealership name) this (day) of (month) , (year)
Date:
Your Signature :

*Note , I usually take everything out of boat so no need to list everything (it's a hassle but should a trustee be involved it's a heck of a lot easier than ever trying to explain it to the trustee,which you wont , trust me on that you will probable never see those items again).
Again , this is something I use, simple and not intrusive and I feel if the Dealership wont sign, maybe I better go somewhere else (and I have lol)
Just my 2 cents
Safty is a attitude .I don't think you can borrow a boat to go fishing/boating without a consent form simular to this, and as of dec2019 you must add all drivers of your viehcles to your insurance.

Date:
Your Signature :

Just my 2 cents

Thank you. It seems to me that the last time I took a boat to a dealership, I signed something acknowledging what I wanted repairing, and that I would pay for the work before getting it back.

Thank you. It seems to me that the last time I took a boat to a dealership, I signed something acknowledging what I wanted repairing, and that I would pay for the work before getting it back.
As long as you got a copy and it included a description and all serial numbers and a copy was in your pocket (signed) when you left the stuff , your good to go !! I have never gotten that kind of professionalism, need to know that repair shop lol

I was just thinking about this the other day when I was at an unnamed dealership. If the economy slows down and they get stuck holding five or six million worth of inventory things can go south real quick.

I was just thinking about this the other day when I was at an unnamed dealership. If the economy slows down and they get stuck holding five or six million worth of inventory things can go south real quick.
Ya especially with interest and if financed the finance agreement usually calls for 5 to 10% curtailment (like equity payments) due every month and when sales are slow this can be the nail in the coffin but usually the curtailment dont kick in until June so that's when its "You sell or it could be the end "

Back