Bravo III Drive Lube Leak

TenMile

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you have experienced a slow drive lube leak from the BIII lube reservoir? I'm losing a few ounces of drive lube every few weeks. I *think* that it's leaking right at the lube reservoir that's mounted on top of the engine. I noticed that I was down a little a few weeks ago (lube level was between the full and add lines) but again yesterday when I checked the level it was down below the add line. Initially I thought it might be a bit of air from when I did the leg service in November, but it keeps going down. When I checked yesterday, the bottom of the reservoir was a little moist with a small oil stain in the bilge below. I figured this was from my shaky hands when filling, but I'm wondering if I'm losing a bit from the fitting at the bottom of the reservoir itself? Has anyone experienced a leaky reservoir?

Hoping the low oil isn't a sign of a shaft seal. Drive is only 1 season old so still under warranty, but given that the boat is up in Bamfield, I'd have to take it to PA to get it serviced under warranty.

Back