Bravo 3 Hills Marine 4X4 Propellers Vs. Mercury 4x3

Mike park

Anyone with a Bravo 3 drive using the stock 3 blade Propeller change up to a new style 4x3 Merc prop.
or the Hills Marine Signature 4x4 prop. set
Just looking for feedback if you've made the change
Thanks

I have a Trophy 2359 Bravo 3 recently repoweered to a 350 MAG MPI that could really benefit from new props. I’m leaning towards the Hills Marine 4x4 but have been procrastinating on pulling the trigger. I am very keen to hear any reviews.

from what I learned they have good reviews get on step fast good mid range cruise but a reduced top end due to the extra blade.
I don't care about the top end but getting on step easier is what I'm looking for as well decreasing the load on the engine.

I have a Fresh water cooled 5. 0 MPI 260 hp. Bravo 3 drive with a 2.2 ratio stock 3x3 blade 22 pitch no cup runs WOT 42 MPH @ 4700 cruise is 3400 RPM 25 MPH 10 Gph , so I have 300 RPM to play with to get 5000 RPM Max WOT

I was on the fence with the hills props. they would have been 300.-400 more than what I've got coming, but they sound like they pull well , some mixed reviews on MPG though.
But going to a 20 pitch cupped prop. had me concerned with RPM being to High. They have 26,24,22,20,18 and they do returns

In the end I went with merc. elite 4x3 in 21 pitch the 4 blade front pulls you up 3 blade rear is speed so will see.

I found boat propeller warehouse had some 40 % off props so I have a 4 blade front prop on order and found a deal on a 3 blade rear .
The Hills Props. were going to be 300-400 more would have been nice to try them.

I used the mercury prop calculator online to determine the Pitch and RPM outcome so I'm committed to the 21 pitch now

Back