Bragging Rights Photo Op

NICE, cant imagine that off the dock!.... Gives me some ideas...:rolleyes:

Great thread. Grew up in late 90s going to rivers inlet. Got this 165 pound halibut off the dock at Dawson’s landing. We caught a couple a year over 100 pounds after we realized they were coming into feed.
That's funny - I was jigging with a light setup off that dock back in mid 90's and got spooled by something big! Being 10 years old I thought I hooked a whale :) Must of been a hali!!!

NICE, cant imagine that off the dock!.... Gives me some ideas...:rolleyes:
When I was a guide in Rivers Inlet in 2007, one of our guests trolled back to the dock to go to the bathroom. Didn't reel up their gear so I was watching it. The rod bent in half and I dove for it and handed it back to the guest who forgot all about the bathroom lol. 30 minutes later, 85lb hali.

Great thread. Grew up in late 90s going to rivers inlet. Got this 165 pound halibut off the dock at Dawson’s landing. We caught a couple a year over 100 pounds after we realized they were coming into feed.
I have always heard rumors of this story. You have the actual photo to prove it!

I wasn’t the first person to catch one off that dock, I watched a guy catch a 100pnd and ran back and put my rod out. 3 hours later I hooked up. 20 pound charter boat main line that I found in the basement on my big spinning rod.

12424.jpg

It was released ..... caught while fishing for springs

So Brent, do you run 250 yards of stainless downrigger cable on your fishing reels while fishing for salmon? Or foul hooked that shark? I dunno how your line held up to a sharks tooth. That would be so cool to catch something like that.

So Brent, do you run 250 yards of stainless downrigger cable on your fishing reels while fishing for salmon? Or foul hooked that shark? I dunno how your line held up to a sharks tooth. That would be so cool to catch something like that.

40 lb mono, not foul hooked, defiantly muscled it in as soon as we saw what was on the line. Got lucky but have the pics and the witness to prove it!

Man am I glad these pictures are still up!
Sorry to say I still have nothing to brag about, but I wanted to give the thread a bump as there are a lot of quality new members on the site... go ahead guys, brag a little (or a lot)

Well, I have a couple of things I like to brag about. For those who didn't see these in the fishing reports I will post here. I did some deep drop fishing this year off the westside of Haida Gwaii. Ended up with some nice fish.

17lb Sable Fish
2 x Shortraker's that were both 30-31lbs

Attachments

• Sable 17#.jpg
    Sable 17#.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 120
  • Short Raker.jpg
    Short Raker.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 119
My son (Hunter) wants me to put up his catch he brags about from this year. I showed him other peoples pics & he to do some bragging himself.

PART 1

Attachments

• Resized_20180707_181857_3429.jpeg
    Resized_20180707_181857_3429.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Hunters P Cod.jpeg
    Hunters P Cod.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Hunters First Salmon.jpg
    Hunters First Salmon.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Hunters First Ling Cod.jpg