Boxing Day Derby Sooke

gon fishin

I know this is late notice but I thought some one should post that the Boxing Day Derby is on. I know it late but you will be able to buy tickets the morning of the derby by putting the money and your info in an envelope and then putting the envelope under the door at the Crab Shack. This year the proceeds go to The Sooke Food Bank. The tickets are $30 each with $10 going to the Food Bank and $20 going to the 1st Place Winner. Plus there are some donated prizes and I know that Trotac has donated a case of bait along with Eagle Eye supplying other prizes. I think Eldon had said that Eagle Eye had sold 54 but most are sold the morning of the derby
As in other years you will be able to donate a fish for the food bank and your name will be entered into a draw( maybe the bait?)
Weigh in is at 2 pm and the boundries are Sherringham to Peddar Bay
There is a side bet and if you want in you will have to put that info on the envelope along with the $20 each
Big Wave Dave has said that the winds will be light 0 and 5's
So If you have had enough of the inlaws and you want to get some fresh air and have some fun come on out and support a good cause.

We limited out a few times last week with some nice fish to 17.5 Lbs and the big one was a white whoda thunk !

This information was off the ticket and some of it was told to me earlier and my memory isn't the best but
I am breaking my rule of never posting after dark

Back