boxes are all spoken for now, happy to have helped!

cracked_ribs

This is kind of a weird one but I'm almost finished unpacking and I have tons of cardboard boxes.

Just in case someone knows someone who is moving or about to move...

I have like fifty moving boxes which are in perfectly usable condition. I could just recycle them at work but it seems like a waste. I broke them all down so they'll fit in a car or anything.

I was hoping maybe someone could use them. Anybody got a kid who is moving from one rental to another? Or a neighbor who is selling and has to pack up a ton of stuff?

I don't want money for them, I just thought that maybe someone was about to spend a hundred bucks on boxes at U-Haul or something and instead, you can have as many of mine as you want.

Shoot me a PM if you want some.
(Not to be construed as a political statement, I'm as frustrated as anyone but let's just express it at the ballot box please)

Too bad I'm on the mainland, you're on the island. I'm packing to move end of the month.
Curious about Ladysmith, are there good properties there? . Are you going to moor the boat.?

Well, I like the town quite a bit, but then in Vancouver I'd never have anything but an apartment. Here I have a pretty nice older house for the same money.

And a big back yard, in which I can keep the boat. I have an old I/O power package and I don't really like the idea of leaving it in the salt for another six months...it needs too much maintenance now!

Thanks! I was born here but haven't really been back for about 25 years and have been living in big cities that whole time...very glad to be done with that and getting into island life.
Well welcome back to Ladysmith. You and Pam moving back. Wow, it's a big year for this little town.

Oh right! Yeah my wife is kind of excited about that whole thing, even though obviously Pam is nuttier than a fruitcake baked by squirrels in a nuthouse on a Planter's Peanuts farm at the request of Jimmy Carter.

But it's a nice change, anyway. I don't think I've lived in a place under a few million people since I was about 16 years old. And the only town I can remember before that is Victoria. So I have to really be sure not to cut people off in traffic, because I am not used to the...relaxed pace. And if I do cut someone off, it'll turn out to be my neighbour.

There's a learning curve, all right.

Ha ha. Please bring a little bit of your driving savvy to our sleepy town. We could use a tune up. The "old man with hat" and the cute little blue hairs will drive you nuts. Wait until you see the island version of zipper merging it will bring you to tears.

I am currently struggling with four way stop procedure...I am really not used to seeing people go one at a time. It's probably good that I only have one four-way on my commute because I get the shakes watching people slowly look around, make eye contact with the other three people, start waving each other on, wait a minute, inch ahead, pause...

I'm very used to "two at a time, any car going straight proceeds, any car turning left allows the oncoming car past then cuts the wheel as soon as there's room".

But it's also nice that the drivers see each other as people, not just as obstacles to be overcome, which is the worst thing about big cities IMO.

Back