"Boston Faker" Project

nedarb2

some of you know i got a hull of a wahler clone a few weeks back i guess it was, and the transom had cracked for some reason, the previous owner told me the hull really cuts/grabs the water on turns so ide asume the cracked from crack ona hih speedturn or something... anyhow today i got the hull boled back together for physical strength, and tomorrow its going into the plastic shop for welding (so long as they have compatible welding equipment). heres what ive got so far, and hopefully a motor will be on her next weekend! $$ [B)]

on delivery (day one):
insideondeliveryyv3.jpg

this morning:
wesconfixwescapesw8.jpg

transomcrackedvm4.jpg

after a quick wash
boatafterwashav3.jpg

and bolted together for welding:
transomboltedsa1.jpg

boltheadtu6.jpg

the plans are to have it welded up, engine on next week (tiller as of right now), and we'll build a box with seat on top at the back and screw that into the floor with storage inside. then two seats (on boxes, batteries under one gas under other) side by side where the one drivers seat currently is.

Oh boy, you really got to chose your wheather when ya go out in that
vessel.
Think last summer I've seen someone on something like that out of Pedder Bay. If I can recall there were four people on board.
Tough little thing

Keep safe
vic

haha this isnt our main fishing boat jsut my little one for the east coast and nitinat lake and maybe renfrew depending on the days. It is foam filled like whalers too eh

Good luck. I hope the new power you put on isn't very big. I wouldn't be so concerned about big seas as much as whether that transom will hold the torque put on it. Good luck.

always nice to catch a fish in a boat you've put a lot of work into - sorta like catching a fish on a fly you tied yourself.

Is that thing plastic???you may want to after it has been "welded"????You may want to take it to a sheetmetal place and get them to cover it and support it with either S/S or alum especially where it has the stress points hope it works out!!!

GOOD LUCK WOLF

I used to own this same hull for a number of years. I also had the same problem with the transom after repowering with a larger outboard. E-mail me directly if you require any additional information teamcrush@shaw.ca

thanks alot black dog, will do.
yes it is plastic, very thick plastic actually on that transom..its rated for 75hp! my dads an engineer so he is the one making sure its structurly sound and good to go, im responsible for the finishing and all other work...
ill post pics with more updates, welding is to be done by thursday.

well, i had a 70 yamaha tiller lined up and enroute to pick it up the guy did a compression test for us and one cylindar had no compression, so S***, that fell through. However, i had another motor lined up to view, an early 90's yamaha enduro. I did purchase this motor, its 60hp and tiller. itll be installed this week and i should have some water shots by the end of the week :D
im now keeping an eye out for a vhf and depthsounder,
and am goign to install/replace new seats (have a couple neat ideas to go along with them) for my next project with the boat...
this weekend coming i might build them or start on them.

CRAP...
the plastic welder was working on the boat today but when the transom came to be done he stopped. Apparently from the inside the plastic has all deteriorated/rotted away so its not strong or dependable enough for a motor and thinks that first time in rough seas it would probably crack right off..
so the boats going to be recycled, ill take offthe parts and put them up on usedvictoria or something..
but i do have this trailer.. so ifanybody knows of a hull for a good deal please let me know

That's to bad I was following your post and wanted to see how it turned out

I have an 11 foot Boston Whaler that flipped on its mooring Buoy this fall so the motor is trashed and the Guard rail pulled off.

I was going to fix it up and sell it but don't have the time.

If you are interested let me know I will send you a couple of pics or you could come by and check it out for yourself
Cheers Sean

thanks for the interest and offer bronco,
i was going to look for a 16~17' hull to work on for my own fishing boat but that sound sliek it could be a nea little project aswell,
could you shott me some photos and a price? Thanks
gierc@shaw.ca

Back