Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I got an email reply as well. Seems like an honest straightforward type. Answered all my questions. He’s confident the hull is solid without corrosion or electrolysis. Needs bottom paint apparently. As mentioned it needs new everything including wiring, steering etc. I was wondering about the fuel tanks? How would one go about inspecting and dealing with that? I hope someone here takes it on I’d love to follow the rebuild.l

Did he say how it sank? Plug out or a crack? How long was it under water?[/QUOTE]

I know the boat have spent time on it and it does catch fish. It spent the night flipped over on the hook off a gulf island. I have my ideas about what happened. It's a clean hull. Had a 225 Yamaha on it.

Ad now shows ‘Pending’ .
Appears there is a deal in the works.
Otherwise to get in touch with the seller, just reply to the ad.
Gotta jump on good deals with an offer quick. Can always renegotiate after the survey.

I heard
Did he say how it sank? Plug out or a crack? How long was it under water?

I know the boat have spent time on it and it does catch fish. It spent the night flipped over on the hook off a gulf island. I have my ideas about what happened. It's a clean hull. Had a 225 Yamaha on it.[/QUOTE]
I heard storm... but self bailing deck... so how?

I heard
I know the boat have spent time on it and it does catch fish. It spent the night flipped over on the hook off a gulf island. I have my ideas about what happened. It's a clean hull. Had a 225 Yamaha on it.
I heard storm... but self bailing deck... so how?[/QUOTE]

Silver Streak also has foam to keep boats from sinking, Andy has a good video testing this on YouTube, but I doubt that video had self bailing. Rogue wave or just a regular big one with 225 engine and a kicker on one side with a little extra weight...who knows.

On that 16 foot smokercraft I'd go for it for a first boat unless you intend to go out with 3-4 people often. Cheap to operate, tow with almost any vehicle (although it might be too much for the Tesla 3 with 2000lb capacity) It may be a little more suited for lake fishing with the open bow but you can always put a canvas over it, ask if it comes with one and budget $500-1000 to have one custom made and installed. It will be light and easy to handle at the dock, so also you will get beat up in chop, but no need no need to go fast like some of the HP happy boys on here and you will be fine. We came back in at 7kn last night due to some rough conditions in Victoria in our light (underpowered in some minds) boat while our traps continued to fill up. Figure we got an extra $100 worth of seafood and burned way less fuel.

Last edited:
I heard storm... but self bailing deck... so how?

Silver Streak also has foam to keep boats from sinking, Andy has a good video testing this on YouTube, but I doubt that video had self bailing. Rogue wave or just a regular big one with 225 engine and a kicker on one side with a little extra weight...who knows.[/QUOTE]

possibly hard anchored or the owner did not use a long enough tag line to the bouy. common mistake.
does that model have the walk through? if so, this combined with hard anchoring and heavy water would cause a swamping. wash down or not..

Silver Streak also has foam to keep boats from sinking, Andy has a good video testing this on YouTube, but I doubt that video had self bailing. Rogue wave or just a regular big one with 225 engine and a kicker on one side with a little extra weight...who knows.

possibly hard anchored or the owner did not use a long enough tag line to the bouy. common mistake.
does that model have the walk through? if so, this combined with hard anchoring and heavy water would cause a swamping. wash down or not..[/QUOTE]
It looks like it has a walk thru door but a closed hull like most silver streaks. I’d love to go look at It. I’d do it for $20k with the trailer and slowly pick away at it getting it fixed up.

i wonder if the radar went under and could be ruined.

https://victoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/central-island-ft-commander/7139465243.html

So I have been told from an undisclosed source that the pod build was messed up and the outboard cavitates like crazy, make sure you do "due diligence" with inspection and sea trial it! (If its a lie from me , its a lie too me) :eek:

I love these undisclosed sources that people use. never met or seen you but you seem to know a lot about my boat. everything you have said is untrue. it is sad that people take to these forums and post false information like you have. I agree with what you said about due diligence

I love these undisclosed sources that people use. never met or seen you but you seem to know a lot about my boat. everything you have said is untrue. it is sad that people take to these forums and post false information like you have. I agree with what you said about due diligence
Nice boat Tony. Why you selling? How did you like the boats performance after vs before the POD?

I also don't disagree with you that there are guys on here that like to stir the pot. I've been sent messages from them in the past that served no good purpose. Don't be too hard on Robert. Maybe he was given some of this garbage info.

Back