Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I

Tried contacting him yesterday but didn’t hear back - love the “better than a Boston whaler”.....

thoughts on this rig?
I run a 1992 250 sportsman, the thing is a tank, hand laid heavy glass boat, not sure about this one

I

Tried contacting him yesterday but didn’t hear back - love the “better than a Boston whaler”.....

thoughts on this rig?
Probably goes fast as heck. I have small/medium floater jacket and pants you will need to keep warm 10 months a year, but even then rain will be a pain. Budget for a 10-20k repower but it might run loud and well for as long as you own the boat. I like a well fitting canvas top with full sides and windshield connects which are expensive to build custom. Get a survey.

lol. not really.
yep its my boat. guess what i added to it this week ? A tender with quicksail and bbq and a new anchor winch system for $4K lol.
ive now got 100 hrs on the engine so the posting is a bit old. mostly put on there not because i really intended to sell it but if someone was interested in dumping cash onto it i'd be willing to sell for a reasonable profit, just because the systems integration alone is worth a chunk of change in terms of labor if you were to retrofit another boat with it commercially.
usually i strip my boats of electronics/other stuff before i trade them in to the dealer for slightly below market price and buy a brand new one every couple of years.
About 35% of the electronics came from my old boat before i traded it in for the KF. So the 7" screen, sonar, electrical system, wifi, network etc came from my old boat. i added on a used 12" screen from a sailboat after reflashing the firmware to powerboat settings, added new halo 20+ radar, forwardscan, HS60 etc.
most of the stuff i installed can be uninstalled with an angle grinder cutting thru the bolts without damaging it so it will likely come with me to my next boat on trade in and i'll move the KF back to factory specs mostly for the new owner with no chartplotter, nmea2k, sonar etc. so its not as bad as it looks lol.
Glad you chimed in about your boat.. I just sold a nice 17' lifetimer that I didn't post on this website (even though I'm a member and constant surfer of Sportsfishingbc) because i didn't want all the negative comments and feedback.

I

thoughts on this rig?
I'm sure that's my old neighbors boat in Deep Cove,it was used more as a party boat than fishing running in Saanich Inlet ,Sidney area.I have to agree,it's better than a boston whaler at least in that size.I'd look at it myself if it had different power.

the batt switch is mounted on the floor. disaster.
Right, I follow you now. The next pic is of the bilge, with a transducer mounted on the bottom and there was some talk about that. The battery switch on the floor is a terrible idea, though, although I can't tell from that pic if it's in the bilge; I don't think that's the case.

That's the bilge picture number 6, motor mount bolt on the wall above. Shudder, memories of paying for a mechanical and the salesman at Sherwood coming out and showing me how wrong things were rigged. It shouldn't a be a salesman figuring this stuff out! Getting everything sorted only took 12 months to 5 years. Electrical and Electronics are whole subset of Marine Maintenance, ABYC is the standard and only a few have that standard in BC...I'm off topic. https://victoria.craigslist.org/boa/d/north-saanich-campion-explorer/7168082976.html

I

thoughts on this rig?
I had a 21’ Wellcraft I can’t say enough about that boat. I was lucky to have it being new to saltwater boating it was definitely better than I was. Great hulls make for an enjoyable ride and experience.

Attachments

• D09CE408-1106-433E-B39B-85846C5F162C.jpeg
    D09CE408-1106-433E-B39B-85846C5F162C.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 78
Back