Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I am looking at buying a 2009 aluminum boat and it looked good until I climbed under it and seen all these marks. Does anyone know what might cause these? I was thinking barnacles and then pressure washer off. Does this affect the hull? Or is it corrosion? There are a lot of guys who know there stuff here and would appreciate your comments. Thanks

Attachments

• 87D7C58F-D749-446E-B906-3B8577D2A6D2.png
    87D7C58F-D749-446E-B906-3B8577D2A6D2.png
    755.5 KB · Views: 139
  • B7A5E817-9EA2-4B09-A6FA-C6B7F816CCB9.png
    B7A5E817-9EA2-4B09-A6FA-C6B7F816CCB9.png
    929.2 KB · Views: 126
Barnacles that were removed with a pressure washer. Muriatic acid will dissolve the last traces of them, when finished soap and water will neutralize the acid. I use to do air conditioning cooling maintenance on a private yacht, removing growth from the system which included barnacles. It required redirecting the salt water intake into a recirculating loop with a 5 gallon bucket of fresh water, once circulating I added 4 liters of muriatic and let it run for a few hours. Just proceed carefully with common sense using appropriate protection and not around where pets could become contaminated.

Barnacles that were removed with a pressure washer. Muriatic acid will dissolve the last traces of them, when finished soap and water will neutralize the acid. I use to do air conditioning cooling maintenance on a private yacht, removing growth from the system which included barnacles. It required redirecting the salt water intake into a recirculating loop with a 5 gallon bucket of fresh water, once circulating I added 4 liters of muriatic and let it run for a few hours. Just proceed carefully with common sense using appropriate protection and not around where pets could become contaminated.
Thanks for the info. Has it comprised the aluminum? Would you be concerned?

Thanks for the info. Has it comprised the aluminum? Would you be concerned?
You're fine it's just left over from barnacles no harm at all just the few stain marks they leave. Better to ask questions in appropriate section to get more response!

Back