Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

That looks like a decent deal if everything checks out. No sure how you go about registering a trailer without papers?

Fairly painful from my experience.. to register as ubilt you need to produce original receipts for all major components (axle, wheels, deck/frame etc). Otherwise I believe you can do a bill of sale, lost regi and notarize the documents. Last time I did this it took approx 3 visits to ICBC branches including the main downtown location.

I'd wonder why he never trailered it? Do you think the bolt issue is due to a sinking backing plate from a rotten transom?

That C-Dory price seems too low to be $CDN, guessing that is USD. (Or one heck of deal)
I thought it looked awful good to. Made me wonder about the engines?

I thought it looked awful good to. Made me wonder about the engines?

Is and is not a deal.. limited deck space. Small motors. Narrow beam. Flat bottom. A small 22. Very different boat than a seasport or similar for the same length.

Cdorys do have a cult following. I'm sure it will sell fast.

I've noticed a few BC C-Dorys listed at USD including my own when I bought it. When I bought mine I was actually relieved to find out it was USD because otherwise the price would have been too low and something would have been wrong. @kaelc good luck to your buddy hope it works out

Yeah, it is a scam or it will be sold today. I told my buddy to buy it this morning but if he is first in line I'd be surprised. Cult following is right.
I inspected the same boat in Parksville last summer - it's a very light 22' boat. not nearly robust or well built as a Skagit Orca or Seasport. nice boats but built light and finishing is not top quality. great for inshore fishing on calm days or cruising the islands. people like them because they require small outboards, have a cabin and look very cute

I inspected the same boat in Parksville last summer - it's a very light 22' boat. not nearly robust or well built as a Skagit Orca or Seasport. nice boats but built light and finishing is not top quality. great for inshore fishing on calm days or cruising the islands. people like them because they require small outboards, have a cabin and look very cute
They're lakers like cutwaters.

I have fished the west coast in all manners of boats including this summer off Esperanza in a 19’ Sea Dory. No they are not a Skagit nor a Northwest but they are easy to run and fish out of and really cheap to operate. And they are a reasonable sea boat. They have a cult following for a reason.

However I like a heavier hull to pound around on the outside so I won’t buy one but totally get why others do.

This one is a great deal IMHO.

Yeah not sure I'd call a C-Dory a laker or compare to a cutwater but I can see they are a bit polarizing, especially as pure fishing boats. Not going to get any macho points in a C-Dory .

Funny, I've spent a little time on a "cute" "laker" 25 C-dory. Off shore, derby winning, 600km range, tows/launches like a dream, family friendly for multi-day trips. I don't know what a 2002 Orca or Seasport, that are now made by the exact same company as C-Dory would cost but I'd guess if one was listed under 40k half the guys on the thread would be maxing out their line of credit. I'll have to agree with Redfisher on this, it pounds but if you can invest in autopilot it is worth slowing down and enjoying the view. Enough BS, post some boats or tie up some gear!

I think I was thinking about Ranger Tugs. Never been on a C Dory actually :oops:

Back