Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

was one of those an 18’ hourston out of port alberni? orange top in color and had a lot of pinholes in the gel coat?
Negative. I did almost buy a 1 owner 1970’s orange 18 Hourston that fished out of sooke, but I let a buddy snag that one.

Two QCL boats for sale. Is this a sign of things to come?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168...712698692652159/?sale_post_id=712698692652159

Try this link too. I asked for them to put it in Marketplace, here it is.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1325025477836621/

• Condition
    Used - Good
2 BOATS AVAILABLE Boats were custom manufactured by Motion Marine (based in Oregon USA) for Queen Charlottes Lodge (QCL). https://www.motionmarine.com/ • Registered- 6 Meter (<20 feet bow to transom) 22-foot centre console Motion Marine Boats Note 23 feet with out board. • We were advised by QCL that the boats originally custom ordered and cost them new each $60,000 USD without being power, controls, trailers. • Boats were then powered up and outfitted by Bridgeview marine in Delta. New out boards every 2 years. • Powered by 2018 Mercury 115HP four stroke engines (less than 800 hours on each). Fully serviced in the spring By Bridgeview Marine Price Rupert with new motor oil and filter, and new leg oil . Props are as new. • Complete with brand new Excalibur 6000 lb rated boat trailers. • Brand new top of the line marine battery just installed in each boat. • These boats could use some general clean up and VHF radios but other wise are ready to go.

View attachment 57505 View attachment 57506 View attachment 57507 View attachment 57508 View attachment 57509 View attachment 57510

I've driven these boats. They SUCK big time. Basically a river hull that POUNDS the **** out of you.
Decent enough to actually fish out of but get to and from will cost you physically.

Hi Guys
I've been looking for a 17-18' and see this Double Eagle with new 90 eTec (50hrs) and wonder if any of you guys know anything about this little guy? I realize eTec is discontinued and wonder what this could mean in the long run with warranty and service work??
Info and insight would be hugely appreciated, Thanks
https://nanaimo.craigslist.org/boa/d/crofton-for-sale-double-eagle/7202427219.html
You should be great with the warranty. I'm a big fan of hard tops but I've never fished out of one of the shorter ones. I like a full stand up hight canvas or hard top. I think guys may have cut the middle out of these roofs to make them convertible, but not sure if that would be useful or just a stupid project. 90 should preform well for that boat, my friend has a 17 double eagle with a 90 and it's great. Lowrance 7 HDS may be old depending on the version but is a good unit and easy to upgrade if needed. I wonder how long it has been kept undercover, looks good that it might never have been bottom painted. Lots of boats of that age have issues with rotten stringers and transom and floors so really look for soft spots and get the hull inspected if you don't know much about fibreglass. I think the interior hight is the biggest issue and any potential water damage, but it looks like it would not have any water damage, given you are paying for an older hull it should be mint but only a fibreglass magician will know for sure. The rest of the package is pretty fair value.

Just wanted to post about the 60k Wellcraft 22 with the 175 outboard-
Mine is identical but with a sterndrive duoprop with a 357 FI vortec that makes around 300-320 hp. I can tell you with half that it would be difficult to plane out in rough seas, mine weighs 4600 dry. However the outboard version of that boat is self bailing, a huge factor that I wish I had.

Fundamentally, if you find an Arima with reliable power, you can hardly go wrong. Even a cosmetically rough hull will be pretty much bullet proof. This seller claims that there is no wood - this is not true - that year has wood in the transom, however, it is not much of a worry as it is not structural.
Asking price of this particular boat seems a bit high to me.

Fundamentally, if you find an Arima with reliable power, you can hardly go wrong. Even a cosmetically rough hull will be pretty much bullet proof. This seller claims that there is no wood - this is not true - that year has wood in the transom, however, it is not much of a worry as it is not structural.
Asking price of this particular boat seems a bit high to me.

What do you mean the transom wood isn't structural?

Back