Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by kingblazer84, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

willydw likes this.
  2. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

3. ryanb

ryanb Well-Known Member

4. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

I wouldn’t think 230hp of twins is too bad on a 24
    I do Agree 140’s would be better

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Cmiles likes this.
  5. Bifmalibu

Bifmalibu Active Member

6. blindmonkey

blindmonkey Well-Known Member

7. Zuktaylor

Zuktaylor New Member

Even has some of the same photos

8. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

Easy to drop 10 into a boat, much harder to get it out, almost impossible. Would forward it to my friend but they want a Cuddy.

9. blindmonkey

blindmonkey Well-Known Member

Agreed, Money in is rarely money out, I know from personal experience.

10. Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express Well-Known Member

The guy is probably trying to get all the money out eh?

$35,000 from when it was for sale last year
    $10,000 on maintenance & new electronics
    $2,500 for pre-paid Sewells annual moorage
    $47,500

The seller must be reading this thread because literally an hour ago the price was dropped down to $47,000!

kingblazer84 likes this.
  11. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

You forgot the bill he will get in about a yr for the tax on the purchase of $4,200

12. kaelc

kaelc Well-Known Member

Not dissing the Silver Streak or the price, great boat at 33k USD and 80k CAD to replace? Likely your only chance to get into a SS hard top like that for under 45k. I did lots of price adjustments when selling my boat and removed all the electronics which he may want to do. I couldn't take off the new canvas, suspension seats, radar arch...sunk costs a economics lesson most of us forget. I'm testing out the new pricing reality with a carbon bike on eBay with bids starting at $1 and free shipping. It would have gone for $750 plus shipping 3 weeks ago. Now I'll be lucking to get a few Canadian pesos out of it. Praying for someone to smarten the F...up south of the board 100k cases today, I digress. Anyone with a nice 18-22 foot Cuddy with outboards for sale? A friend was looking.

Pineapple Express likes this.
  13. Pearl dog

Pearl dog Active Member

14. DuroBoat

DuroBoat Active Member

is 150 a bit light on a fully loaded striper? I'm thinking a lot of prawning gear and 3 guys would make that yammy work?

15. Foxsea

Foxsea Well-Known Member

Yup, it would be nice with a 225. I had an underpowered boat for a while; more expensive on fuel, slow to get on step, lousy with 3 buddies aboard. The motor was always struggling to keep up. Took the blush off the romance.

trophywife likes this.
  16. AlK

AlK Well-Known Member

Stizzla likes this.
  17. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

But... If the one big motor fails, you will REALLY have a tough time getting on plane with a 9.9 :D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    cracked_ribs likes this.
  18. Pearl dog

Pearl dog Active Member

i don't disagree , lucky with social/physical distance that's not an issue;). it's interesting to me that sooo many boats show up with min power or underpowered. i assume the dealers push them this way to reduce initial cost. still the striper looks minters and for the right person could be a good option.. like the silver streak..

19. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Yep it is the dealers-same way they sell a trailer for the boat-lightest they can get away with so that the deal looks good. Usually happens to first time buyers because once you operate an under-powered boat or had a trailer that is too light for the load--it never happens again. Expensive fixes and usually the best fix is to sell it on and start again!!

MRWood, AlK, UkeeDreamin and 2 others like this.
  20. ReelSlim

ReelSlim Crew Member

I had the same power on a 2008 with a soft top. It was fine on that hull but I was told when I ordered mine that the 200-225 was recommended with the fixed hard top. That is a great hull that planes easily. I had a 42mph top speed that I never really used. Fuel was good and it handled offshore well....just my experience on a boat I ran from new for 10 years hassle free.

fishinforever, barkerfam and Stizzla like this.