Boat Trailer Alignment

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guy's

Just wondering if having your boat trailer aligned is a thing? I am going to move my axles but I was thinking it would be a good idea to have the wheel alignment checked afterwards to make sure everything is square and in the right place. I phone a couple of companies out here and nobody has every heard of doing a trailer alignment except for a 40ft semi trailer.

has anybody had this done and if so where?

I’ve moved my axles around a few times trying to get the weights balanced, marked the frame where they were to begin with and moved them the same distance on both sides. Had the whole works off once to rebuild the spring hangers, that time I just measured from the back frame to each one and from the front of the ball hitch to each side. No tire wear or dog tracking so I must have done something right.

most people never check toe on a axle, before it is put in. it does make a difference.

as far as placing the axle you always measure from the center of the tongue as close to the coupler as you can and to the center pin of the spring

Back