Boat stolen - Schooner Cove

Copper Moon

My buddy had his boat stolen over night from Schooner Cove Marina. It is a 17 ft older lifetimer with a Yamaha 50 motor. It is distinctive by its blue tint windscreen. Anyone having seen this boat today please PM me.
Thanks Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a couple of images from the cameras at Schooner Cove that were not blacked out. They are not great quality, but you never know.

If these ring a bell with anyone, could they call Schooner Cove Marina at 250-468-5364 or the Parksville RCMP at 250-248-6111

Thanks Glenn

Attachments

• boat thief.jpg
    boat thief.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 650
  • Thief Truck Still .jpg
    Thief Truck Still .jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 648
Brutal. Sorry for your buddies loss I hope they find the boat and everyone involved.

Those a great pictures somebody surely talked to and saw that guy if he was hanging out with his truck and camper. Trailer stolen too or did the theif bring his own trailer?

I'm assuming it was taken off the dock or was it parking lot?

Taken off the dock. Later discovered that a trailer was taken from the parking area as well. Most likely used in the theft.

So that picture on the right is him just leaving the ramp after he loaded the boat onto the trailer he stole first.

That's unavailable people are such pieces of crap sometimes. That sucks. Post up on here as much as you can numbers/markings and keep an eye out... Even having details on that trailer is helpful.

So in addition, someone has no trailer to put their boat on. Marine related theft is completely out of hand. The authorities need to be considering some sort of task force and perhaps some sort of bait boat program. Park a boat in you driveway or on the street in some locations and it will be gone in a day or two or the riggers and kicker and other things of value taken. Catch a few of them and word would get out.

Hope your friend was insured.

Last edited by a moderator:
So in addition, someone has no trailer to put their boat on. Marine related theft is completely out of hand. The authorities need to be considering some sort of task force and perhaps some sort of bait boat program. Park a boat in you driveway or on the street in some locations and it will be gone in a day or two or the riggers and kicker and other things of value taken. Catch a few of them and word would get out.

How about a little Middle East justice: catch the guy and cut his hands off for stealing.

Bet that would put an end to theft pretty damn quick. I personally am sick of having to constantly think about how I am going to stop pieces of crap like this guy from stealing my stuff that I work hard to pay for.

so if you had a camper and wanted a boat, you would want to be going fishing. where would you go? nootka? winter harbour? if anyone is in those places I would keep my eyes open.

We have a couple of images from the cameras at Schooner Cove that were not blacked out. They are not great quality, but you never know.

If these ring a bell with anyone, could they call Schooner Cove Marina at 250-468-5364 or the Parksville RCMP at 250-248-6111

Thanks Glenn

$100 reward for information leading to the recovery of this boat

It is my understanding that the boat, motor, and trailer are being recovered from somewhere in the lower mainland. Thanks to video monitoring, Fairwinds staff members, the individual who responded to the online picture posting!!!! and of course the RCMP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back