Boat Lettering and Logos

Just got the name put on my boat. Something I have thought about for a while but didn't really know how to go about it, how much it would cost, or who to go to?
Used Sign Wave Designs in Sidney located out by the airport. (www.SignWaveDesigns.com). The Owner, Colin Franks was really good to deal with, in that I had a few ideas that were out in left field and he was honest and reeled me in to what was the best bang for my buck, not necessarily the most money in HIS pocket.
The information required is this:
1. Size and dimensions of the space where the letting is going.
( I put mine on the cuddy because I thought it would most visible and receive the least wear)
2. Decide on the Font/Colour etc and have a good idea of what you want ahead of time. ( I looked on the internet at other boats, then just farted around with "Word Art" on Microsoft Word playing around with the font and colour.

My lettering was red with grey shadow, and the letters are about 8 inches in height.

Cost was $125 for Letting for both sides and $40 to apply them, plus taxes.
(Colin will come to you and apply, but it obviously costs more)

Check out his web site there are some pictures of his work and some ideas to ponder. www.SignWaveDesigns.com

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

Boats run on Gas, not Thanks!

Oh yeah, fogot to mention, after I decided what I wanted, it took less than 24 hrs to get them installed on my boat, FYI you do need good weather to put them on.

RS CRAVEN:
I actually thought about that and questioned Colin about it. It is one of those things that you think is a lot simpler than it is, and although he made it look easy because it is what he does all the time, I could see that it would be really easy to screw up.

I know my pictures are not close ups, but as I stated the lettering is two tone, so Red with a grey shadow. Those are actually two decals, so the grey is applied first, and then the red is over top. As well the boat name is 30 inches long, and as it is not script or cursive in the font, and the letters are actually individual and not connected in the name, they are not printed in one solid piece. So the decals on each side of the boat were actually 6 separate decals, each word in both the grey and red colours. Believe me, after watching him, line them up and put them on, I didn't feel ripped off by spending the $40 bucks. One of those things, if he screws it up, I get new decals for free, if I screw it up, I wind up paying for another set or living with something I am unhappy with.

Yes know what you mean MD got a guy who did mine and he spent about 2 hours putting mine on the guy is a wizard when it comes to making it look right would never ever think of doing it on my own to easy to screw up.. the guy I use is in the Vic area if anyone wants logos signs, lettering just pm me just another option.
BTW looks good

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Back