Boat launching fails....

wolf

With the spring in full action thought we could us a laugh of what not to do ...looks like chevy leads the way in thins department....

I've only ever seen one go down but it happened quick. Me and Señor were about to pull the boat out at the old Mac & Blo ramp in Kelsey Bay. This guy was backing down the ramp on a pretty low tied then as he was inching closer to the water, he started sliding back. He tried going forward, wasn't in 4x4, and just started spinning. He ended up jumping out, running back and managed to disconnect the boat before it all went down but a lot of the boat did go under. Whole truck & trailer went down. After helping him out as best we could, I remember looking down and seeing the truck & trailer on the bottom. Poor guy. Fortunately his kids were standing up along the float though and not in the truck. Scary stuff.

Bear Cove ramp in Hardy used to be treacherous. Saw 2 trucks and trailers go for a swim a few years ago. Much better now-- but still pretty slick

McDonald's ramp needs to be dredged so we can accommodate in and out privileges.I phone the Richmond municipality about the decimated ramp a few years back as I told them there's a huge pot hole in the middle of the ramp on my launch and I just about broke my leg when I stepped out of my truck.Suprizingly they meet me the next day and promptly fixed the issue. Liability for sure. As for the dredging in the nook they shrugged their shoulders and said it was a Port Authority issue and not theirs.
The Gold River launch in the past as we all know tops the list of holy molly. At least last year they did made extensive improvements and now it is at least tolerable.More of a people problem now but still the narrow channel and volume has it challenges.

McDonald's ramp needs to be dredged so we can accommodate in and out privileges.I phone the Richmond municipality about the decimated ramp a few years back as I told them there's a huge pot hole in the middle of the ramp on my launch and I just about broke my leg when I stepped out of my truck.Suprizingly they meet me the next day and promptly fixed the issue. Liability for sure. As for the dredging in the nook they shrugged their shoulders and said it was a Port Authority issue and not theirs.
The Gold River launch in the past as we all know tops the list of holy molly. At least last year they did made extensive improvements and now it is at least tolerable.More of a people problem now but still the narrow channel and volume has it challenges.

And GR is a steep launch which causes issues you don’t get at less aggressive grades. IE my pulpit hits the front upright of my trailer on loading. It’s a tricky launch for sure.

Campbell River is going to be a disaster this year thanks to the cities decision to finally deal with the much needed Big Rock Launch upgrades....schedules to be closed June 11 - October smack in the middle of salmon fishing season might i add. so that leaves the native launch and Ken Fordes which is a high tide only launch, unless you wanna head halfway to courtenay comox

yes, quite funny both parties. its kinda cruel just laughing at people. but then again its a pretty simple thing.

Here's a sea-ray, GMC Sierra, extended cab (in case your blind), gas-pot, I think he hit the side (even though he clearly is away from the tires) . Blah blah blah. Someone needs a new hobby

I'm surprised there isn't any comment about size of trailer or the fact he didn't undo the "winder" strap.

Maybe these guys couldn't find a carwash, I'v only seen one guy have a real misadventure at a ramp. At the Cooper's Green ramp at Half Moon Bay on the Sunshine coast after a day on the water we were waiting for a guy that was launching, he just couldn't get his boat of the trailer even with a high tide. After numerous attempts at trying to jerk the boat off the trailer ( taking a run at it then hammer the brakes). The guy was getting frustrated, so he figured that he had to get every thing in deeper, well he had his new Mazda mini van's tailpipe blowing bubbles, when I noticed that his back trailer straps were still attached to his new 176D.E.

When my old man retired, one of his favourite pass times was to grab a cup of coffee and head for the French Creek launch early morning. There was a gang of them that used to meet and watch the show. Cruel bastards, eh? If somebody's nervous and having a throng of critics critiquing your every move would have made it tough. LOL

When my old man retired, one of his favourite pass times was to grab a cup of coffee and head for the French Creek launch early morning. There was a gang of them that used to meet and watch the show. Cruel bastards, eh? If somebody's nervous and having a throng of critics critiquing your every move would have made it tough. LOL

The few times i have launched at Pender Harbour there has always been a bunch of old guys sitting in the gazebo watching. At mcdonald in richmond, the few times i've launched this year there been there is a guy in a red car that watches everyone launch.

Edmonton-Police-Marine-Unit.jpg

This is the 50th street launch in Edmonton, the foot bridge in the background is right above the ramp. Spent a few entertaining mornings there the couple years I lived in Edmonton. It was tall enough people didn't really notice you sitting there. I'm sure I witnessed the beginnings of divorces. If I wasn't supposed to sit there peeping I don't know why there were benches.

Back