Boat Launches Open/Closed

I think the Vancouver parks board controls the vanier launch

Yes they do. It would be great if they opened it but how about easy park opening just the truck and trailer parking? I've sent emails to both them and parks board. never heard back from anyone.

Kinda seems the park board runs there own program regardless of what other city officials have in mind.

Yes they do. It would be great if they opened it but how about easy park opening just the truck and trailer parking? I've sent emails to both them and parks board. never heard back from anyone.

99% sure the city owns the lot and contracts EasyPark to run the parking operations, so city/parks board will decide when to open.

Does it usually coat the same for launching a kayak at pedder bay?

sorry don't know - but from the website:

"Pedder Bay Marina offers a three-lane launch ramp available for use from dawn to dusk at a cost of $10.00 (tax included) in/out per boat.

For more information, please call 250-478-1771"

https://www.tricitynews.com/news/ramp-restrictions-leave-tri-city-boaters-high-and-dry-1.24130071

What Port Moody is putting out there to restrict the launch and return hours don’t make any sense. How is that going to reduce the COVID transition risk?? Have they lost their mind??
Interesting to see Port Moody Boat Ramp open to its residents(taxpayers) but in Vancouver Vanier Ramp not a peep. I guess one Mayor is just a bit more responsive to his constituents than the other.

Interesting to see Port Moody Boat Ramp open to its residents(taxpayers) but in Vancouver Vanier Ramp not a peep. I guess one Mayor is just a bit more responsive to his constituents than the other.

more people need to be vocal

more people need to be vocal
Was anything said at the Provincial announcement today in terms of expanding your circle that will give these beurocrats a clue? They are starting parking meters again so why not the Parking lots? Even if they block off every second slot. Christ even the airlines can fly with an empty middle seat.

Was anything said at the Provincial announcement today in terms of expanding your circle that will give these beurocrats a clue? They are starting parking meters again so why not the Parking lots? Even if they block off every second slot. Christ even the airlines can fly with an empty middle seat.

The message is very ambiguous and unclear. When you go to superstore or walmart to get groceries, the cashiers don't change their gloves. So when they grab my groceries or whatever it is that I am buying to scan the price, when I get home and touch those items, they have basically made me shake hands with the last 200 people that they served during their shift. I was at home depot and employees there were walking within 2 feet of me. The risk that we all take everyday while out for basic necessities is 1000 times greater than the risk of us taking out on our boat our brother in law( who has been laid off from work and has been at home) or close friend who has been practicing social distancing and taking safety procautions like washing/disinfecting hands regularly and social distancing etc.. They need to open up parks and boat ramps again so that people can get out for some fresh air and enjoyment before everyone starts to get stir crazy.

The message is very ambiguous and unclear. When you go to superstore or walmart to get groceries, the cashiers don't change their gloves. So when they grab my groceries or whatever it is that I am buying to scan the price, when I get home and touch those items, they have basically made me shake hands with the last 200 people that they served during their shift. I was at home depot and employees there were walking within 2 feet of me. The risk that we all take everyday while out for basic necessities is 1000 times greater than the risk of us taking out on our boat our brother in law( who has been laid off from work and has been at home) or close friend who has been practicing social distancing and taking safety procautions like washing/disinfecting hands regularly and social distancing etc.. They need to open up parks and boat ramps again so that people can get out for some fresh air and enjoyment before everyone starts to get stir crazy.
I went to Home Depot yesterday and went through the self checkout line on my way out. Seems like that’s the safest way. But.... the Home Depot employee insisted on scanning my items through instead of me doing it. I have no F’ing clue why she would want to do that. I don’t want her standing beside me. I don’t want her touching everything that I’m buying. And I certainly don’t need her help.

With most provincial parks reopening for day use on May 14, I’d expect the launches to reopen then or shortly thereafter.
Most launches are open Ladner, Richmond, Port Moody, Horseshoe Bay and Sunset just not Vancouver's Vanier Park Ramp which for the size of Vancouver laughabley the only one we have.

Even Cates Park boat launch in North Vancouver is open.
Yea, I'd really like to know if this is confirmed. Also, do they allow overnight parking @ Cates? If not, would they tow you or just a ticket?

Back