Blackhawks

Bows Up

Blackhawks 2013-2014

The opener approacheth. :cool:

I won't say the "r" word but the Hawks are looking solid.

Go Hawks !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bows, I'm looking forward to another great year from the Hawks. I'm still busting with pride to witness the third time this great team has hoisted the cup. Should be an interesting season for sure. Maybe you could edit your thread heading to add 2013/14 and we can use it for the season.;) eman

Hey Spenky, welcome to the site. This Hawks thread is usually a lot of fun. You haven't acknowledged whether you are a Hawk fan or not so I will just say again welcome.;) eman

Hey Eaglemaniac, thanks for the welcome. Won't disclose who I cheer for yet but can say I absolutely hate the Canucks (bunch of under achieving whiners) going to be fun watching Tortarella absolutely loose it :), Montreal (bunch of whining French patsies) and sorry Pippen Philly, anything to do with Bobby Clarke the alltime backstabber does not get my vote. Well that should stir the hockey fans on this site, not bad for a second post :rolleyes:

Too bad you can't spell

Hey that could be a record, only my second post and a smart butt comment, must be a fan of one of the mentioned teams :)

Doubt it's a record. There's been lot's of 1st posts that have been real winners. ;)

I just like proper grammar and spelling........carry on

Hey Eaglemaniac, thanks for the welcome. Won't disclose who I cheer for yet but can say I absolutely hate the Canucks (bunch of under achieving whiners) going to be fun watching Tortarella absolutely loose it :), Montreal (bunch of whining French patsies) and sorry Pippen Philly, anything to do with Bobby Clarke the alltime backstabber does not get my vote. Well that should stir the hockey fans on this site, not bad for a second post :rolleyes:

Ladies and Gentlemen......welcome the Leaf fan to the forum.

Welcome Spenky to the Hawks thread. Impossible for me to imagine changing loyalties, as eman said, we have seen the blackhawks hoist Lord Stanley's mug three times. We stayed for 49 years between Cups.

Surprising you aren't a Jets fan, Pippen, given the Manitoban comment. I have always liked the city and what it could support, like the RWB, given its small population. Hull ended up there so that could be part of the reason I follow them. You haven't lived until you have experienced Portage and Main on a windy winter day.

Surprising you aren't a Jets fan, Pippen, given the Manitoban comment. I have always liked the city and what it could support, like the RWB, given its small population. Hull ended up there so that could be part of the reason I follow them. You haven't lived until you have experienced Portage and Main on a windy winter day.

Always have been a Flyer fan....but our family had seasons tix to the Jets who I also cheered for. I was appalled that the city could barely get 8000 TRUE tickets sold yet 50,000 showed up for the 'Save the Jets' rally a year after I moved to the coast. Where were all those "fans" to buy tickets.

Happy the city got a team.....but it's a ****** arena.

Bit raggedy and they gave up three power play goals but HAWKS WIN 6-4. I'll lay off the caps, pun intended. :D

Man.... This thread is still here?
Smiley_Tiny_Drinking_Coffee.gif

:p

Surprised the "other" thread is moribund, after all Raymond scored tonight, for the Leafs. Love seeing Montreal lose. With the Jets win and Frolik scoring twice, it was a good start to the season.

Hey Lipr, did you see the Stanley Cup Champions banner go up in Chicago tonight ?

Nah man I was at work still..

Never heard of Ben Bishop before last night but he stuck it to the Hawks as they couldn't get pucks past him except on flukes. Lightning took us 3-2 in a shoot-out.

Back