Bisson Lake?

kingblazer84

Has anyone fished this lake before it is just after cherryville in the interior my buddy and I are heading up today to fish the late bite and all day tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had much luck in there, my buddy says its a bit of a 4x4 into it which makes it that much more exciting lol

Has anyone fished this lake before it is just after cherryville in the interior my buddy and I are heading up today to fish the late bite and all day tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had much luck in there, my buddy says its a bit of a 4x4 into it which makes it that much more exciting lol
Yep fished there a few times. Can be a hard lake to fish but have done well dragging a dark coloured leech fly around mepps spinners too sometimes. Rainbows to about 20" mostly but there's bigger ones in there. Mosquito larva flys work in there too. It's just in the foothills of the monashee mountains so is a beautiful area. If you get a chance, Macintyre lake just before the spruce grove cafe on the side of the hiway has a healthy population of Brookies in it. Fish the east end of the lake and try something that sinks with a bit of red on it. Good luck.

Lotta wildlife up there too. See moose often, elk a couple of times and seen grizzly bears a half dozen times so keep a camera close. Roads probably not too bad. Rough but passable. Car topper or belly boats best bet but did run into a Guy towing a tinner in one time.

yah we will be keeping an eye open for sure, ive heard lots of guys hunt up there when its that time of year again, we will be belly boating and Pontoon Boating. Hopefully get some tubbys, local guys in town have said some good things about the fish in there some even upwards of 27" but ill have to see it with my own eyes lol

Yeah that's pretty big. Wouldn't surprise me though. About 24" is the biggest I've seen. Buddy of mine caught it not me. I've always thought dragging a small plug around might produce a giant but never have my heavy gear with me when I head up that area. Really is beautiful up there though. It's a rugged part of the country for sure.

quick story about the area:

Back in the early 80s my folks ran the gold panner cafe at the bottom of the hill. Pretty much the last civilization before Edgewood back in those days. The area is a rugged area with steep valleys and small fast moving streams and is known for gold panning and some placer mining. Anyways across the hiway and down the hill a bit from the cafe led a rough road to to a dude named Andys cabin, he was a gold miner and kind of a hermit. This guy was literally bat $h"t crazy and my brother and I found more than a few of his stashes of dynamite around the woods. Anyways, this guy actually had 4"x 4"cutouts in the walls of his cabin that he'd shoot through if he needed meat or whatever. Long story short... he's had too much booze one night in the lumby bar and had the cops after him. They chased him the 25 or so miles to his cabin in cherryville where he locked himself in and started a firefight with the RCMP. I can't remember exactly how long it went on but I know it was like a day and a half long armed stand off at least. Back in Vernon at city cells this guy actually made his escape and they finally caught him about 5 days later headed for the Yukon. Crazy but true. Taking a page out of "Albert Johnson, the mad trapper of rat river" The old, old timers out there still call him the mad trapper of heckman creek.

Back