Best way to cross the Nitnat bar? Like this!

Andrew P

I was lucky enough to get invited on a trip up to Nootka with a Victoria charity, Power To Be (https://powertobe.ca), who helps people with disabilities have awesome adventures that they never thought would be possible. It really was a dream day overall even though the fishing was super slow on the inside since the commercial fleet has recently cleaned it out...that said we grinded out several spots deep in the sound over 5 hours of fishing and finally hooked into a screamer which was the perfect end to a great day and it was a full team effort boating the fish. Keep an eye out for an episode from Gary Cooper on the trip.

We followed the coast home...and then snuck in over the Nitnat bar....

2017-08-29 07.59.30.jpg

Power to be is a great organization! A few years back they organized a kayak paddle in The Gorge for people with brain cancer and I took my cousin out in a double with the group. That day was the best time I had with her in the last few years of her life while she fought that goddamn disease.
T2

Sweet pics, thx for sharing. Power to Be is a top notch organization and Tim does a great job. I have competed in Power to Play for 3-4 years and i would encourage anyone who gets the chance to participate.

Also, not everyday you get to fly to Nootka for a day of fishing ;)

dfrase

Back