Best stupid trick you have learned fishing?

DVL U Know

OK, you know how you pick up stupid tricks along the way to make things easier. Well I was thinking I would cut down my learning curve and ask all you fellas the best prep, catch or general boat thing you have learned.

My own favorite trick that I came up with dealt with scaling my fish (hate scaling--hard on knives, scales get everywhere, makes me think of those beer cap things we used when i was a kid) generally seems pointless. This summer with a huge pile of pinks to scale and a boat to pressure wash, I in a brilliant move combined the two and used the pressure washer to scale my fish...took only a few minutes, no slime, no scales, all fish!

Only proviso...use the cheapy low pressure pressure washer and if it has an adjustable width of spray set it to a fan shape, too many PSI isn't too good for the fish.

I know stupid--but awesome!

Getting the tail of your anchovy chewed off just behind the hook by springs? (short take)

Move the hook as far forward on that bait as you can. This has always worked well for me tho it seems a stupid thing to do. lol

Back