Best small level wind for kids?

I'd go for used Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5500's basically bulletproof and you can easily work on them yourself.

1315382_5500_IS

Are you looking to be able to cast with it? What type of fish are you looking to fish for?
Jigging mostly. Rockfish,lingcod. I’ll get them casting later. I have a bunch of bigger avets. I’m looking for something small, light that controls the line as it comes in. So they can just pull and turn.

Depending on how much line capacity you need, I would look at shimano triton 100 or 200. Very well priced and pretty bullet proof.

I'd go for used Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5500's basically bulletproof and you can easily work on them yourself.

1315382_5500_IS

I have this reel. Originally bought and used for bar fishing...it is great to cast with but with no Fraser fishing I converted to a jigging set up. Should work well for my kid eventually too. Fairly low profile and ya, seems pretty bomb proof.

Jigging mostly. Rockfish,lingcod. I’ll get them casting later. I have a bunch of bigger avets. I’m looking for something small, light that controls the line as it comes in. So they can just pull and turn.

Shimano Tekota reels are a good option for what your looking to do, there's a large range in sizes. Those are the reels I use for new anglers or for people that aren't up to speed on a knuckle buster.

There are still some Tekota 300s around in stores the older models that have been discontinued they're a better size for kids and as usual for Shimano the prices have dropped because there are new models to be had.

Spinning reels are way easier for kids and women hey balance in there hands better they don't have to fight the weight of the reel because it is under the rod plus they have a faster retrieve I recommend diawa bg series they are for saltwater and reasonably priced

Back