Best Light Weight Tender

Just beach that big dumb boat so we don’t have to hear about it anymore get a landing craft and a sxs
Jk no useful info

Just beach that big dumb boat so we don’t have to hear about it anymore get a landing craft and a sxs
Jk no useful info
I love following a guy's midnight tear of the forum. You had a good run there ;)

What you need is a 7'6" with a high pressure air floor. These are much lighter than ones with aluminum or wood slat floors and are very solid. Depending on the brand you are looking at 40-50 lbs. I have an 8'6" with air floor and I hoist it onto my pilothouse roof with a bow rope no problem.

I bought used, but if I was buying new I'd look at this one, Canadian company (though I'm sure they're made in China).

http://www.seabrightmarine.ca/sd230.html

Last edited:
Here is a Mercury inflatable 7', weights about 49lbs, I think I will be buying this one to use as a tender it will store nicely under the command bridge, lol. Inflate when needed!

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/ca/inflatables/soft-bottom/roll-up/

I bought a 14' or 16' Heavy Duty hull, can't remember for sure, :) about 15 years ago with a 15hp and trailer, gave it to a friend in Kelowna and its still going :) he has towed his kids around the lake for years now...

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 8.32.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Please don't post a link to that other thread, I've read it. Looking specifically for something that can carry 350 lbs minimum. Ideally can handle my 2.5 HP motor and is light enough to hoist up onto the command bridge. I can't stand davits and having a boat wrecking my view of my wake. Preferably 7' if that exists.

350lbs is easy in an inflatable kayak. try the sea eagle 330. you can get a transom fitting for a small trolling motor or 2.5HP or get the quicksail kit.
ive bought it with quicksail kit. will let ya know how it goes. shipping due end of month.

I have a couple buddies with aquamarine tenders like this one. They're decent boats but pretty heavy for what they are. If weight is your primary concern you can save quite a bit of weight with other brands for similar boats.

Lighter than 49lbs? WOW, what material would it made from? Please provide examples, thanks :)

Lighter than 49lbs? WOW, what material would it made from? Please provide examples, thanks :)

The one posted above in the link I quoted (aquamarine) is 72lbs with floor and oars attached. My 8'6 is only 60 with everything attached... I wasn't referring to the Merc you linked.

The one posted above in the link I quoted (aquamarine) is 72lbs with floor and oars attached. My 8'6 is only 60 with everything attached... I wasn't referring to the Merc you linked.
Yah I think at this point I'm looking for sub 50lbs. There's a few. The idea is I'll be slinging it up to the command bridge with ropes. Every pound counts.

West Marine has an 8'6" that weighs 53#; carries about 900+ pounds, has a wood slat floor & rolls-up; will be storing below deck rolled-up - I bought one. It is a very light/thin PVC with a 5 year warranty. Paid $699 US. Not as sturdy as a Hypalon RIB but for the same money I can buy 4 of the PVC's, and at 69 y/o every pound counts.

Back