Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

What goes around comes around. Did you ever get the guys who stole your rods n reels? I live in Ocean park so this hits me close. He must have been pulling the commercial traps? The commercial guys just rape the sea out front of crecent beach. Thousands of traps.
Your a great guy for our sport! Keep up the amazing reports.

Well done sir! For turning in a poacher in Wa state we get points awarded to better our chances in the big game tag draws. If nothing else you have a bunch of good karma heading your way!

What goes around comes around. Did you ever get the guys who stole your rods n reels? I live in Ocean park so this hits me close. He must have been pulling the commercial traps? The commercial guys just rape the sea out front of crecent beach. Thousands of traps.
Don't think it's open yet for commercial crabing.

thanks for all the kind words guys, just doing what I thought was right. Didn't want to be that guy bitching about it a month from now:)

Media wise, I am in touch with global and will have more info on where that leads later today. They seem interested in the story.

Viking, I didn't get my rods back but I do have boat coverage so it was as easy and going to my local shop and replacing then submitting the receipt. Where in Ocean Park? I also live in Ocean Park...

I'm close to Laronde school. Next time I'm going out solo I'll pm you. You are totally welcome to come!

Last edited:
Well done.... I don't have any patience for those that rape nature like that.

Good work I hope they get what they deserve.

Good on ya bud! This **** just makes me sick. A fine just isn’t enough for these guys. Our laws are a joke to them. A fine is just a business expense to them. Deport them and maybe their family’s will think twice about raping and pillaging our ocean. Our laws obviously aren’t strict enough when you have people unloading 800 crabs in broad daylight at a busy boat marina.

Some how we need to follow this up and find out what these low life’s get as punishment and then bring it to the attention of regular folk. This raping and pillaging of our oceans rivers lakes and land has got to stop.

Way do go Andrew! Thanks for stepping up

I think this should be a good example to all of us that something can happen if you take action and call in Fisheries violations.

Good decision on calling the RCMP first and then DFO!

Hmmmmmm, 75 Prawn, a 23 pound Ling Cod and 807 CRAB! Nice catch Andrew!

Nothing will happen.
They will say they couldn’t read the Regs cause no speaky engrish.
Now the regs will be put out in their language.
They will get their 90g truck back. Their boat back and their crab traps back. And carry on raping our coastline.

It’s sad really.

I thought it was the license holders responsibility to know the regulations?
We HAD a cleaning lady of the same persuasion that bragged about the quantity of seafood her family gathered
Very sad that this can go on unpunished

I talked to DFO officer a few weeks back and they are building case etc to present to crown, once this happens crown determines if charges are put forth. They did drop off the crabs to a dealer that night and confiscated the cheque and they are holding it until case clears.

I talked to DFO officer a few weeks back and they are building case etc to present to crown, once this happens crown determines if charges are put forth. They did drop off the crabs to a dealer that night and confiscated the cheque and they are holding it until case clears.

Wait - the RCMP / DFO put together a sting operation that night? By 'They did drop off the crabs' do you mean the RCMP / DFO?

Back