Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

AndrewH

Well zipped out after work at 3 for a few hours and managed to scrape together 75 prawns, a 23lb ling, low teens spring and 4 nice 7" crabs but the real treat was what I caught last!

Arrived back at the dock at 830ish and noticed that a group of three were wheeling a large covered cart up the ramp so I jumped out to take a look at what the heck was going on. It was full of crabs and they were not happy to see me. I asked them about all the crab and they were bragging they had 800!!!!

At this point I changed my tone and told them they are not leaving and sort of detained them as I called the cops. With rcmp on the way (figured they would arrive wayyyy before DFO), I then called fisheries and told them the situation. They arrived a little later and were very happy as they individuals were known to them. The best part is according to the rcmp, since they had about 400 crab already loaded in there brand new 3500 ram so that is also on the table to be seized as well as the boat.

It looks to me that they basically cleaned out any traps in the bay that they came across.

Attachments

• pic4.png
    pic4.png
    1,021 KB · Views: 645
  • pic5.png
    pic5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 614
Well zipped out after work at 3 for a few hours and managed to scrape together 75 prawns, a 23lb ling, low teens spring and 4 nice 7" crabs but the real treat was what I caught last!

Arrived back at the dock at 830ish and noticed that a group of three were wheeling a large covered cart up the ramp so I jumped out to take a look at what the heck was going on. It was full of crabs and they were not happy to see me. I asked them about all the crab and they were bragging they had 800!!!!

At this point I changed my tone and told them they are not leaving and sort of detained them as I called the cops. With rcmp on the way (figured they would arrive wayyyy before DFO), I then called fisheries and told them the situation. They arrived a little later and were very happy as they individuals were known to them. The best part is according to the rcmp, since they had about 400 crab already loaded in there brand new 3500 ram so that is also on the table to be seized as well as the boat.

It looks to me that they basically cleaned out any traps in the bay that they came across.

By far the best catch I've ever read about on here! Awesome job man.... we all owe you one! Thank you.

Thanks for stepping up against these poachers, Andrew. Many would have walked on. Well done! Hopefully our courts will administer the justice these slime balls deserve.

Great job on your ling, salmon, prawns and crab. I thank you for doing an excellent job and catching those low life scum bags great job.

Way to go Ryan ..... Wow.... What PRICKS.

Now if only DFO would punish these idiots to the max. Sieze boat truck everything. Also penalized to the max.

It appears that it never happens. When will they get some teeth

Poacher scum should be hanged in front of the docks with a sign "Poachers be warned."

Where was this? Has the media been alerted?

Good on you !!
I think I’ll have the courage to make a stand when I come across this as well now!

Pedder bay rental boats come in loaded with illegal catches all summer.

If I were to go to the monger for 800 crab it would be 20,000$.There fines for each poacher should reflect that number.I admire your courage Andrew for stopping the thieves and getting the athoritys .

Great job. I hope this makes it to the mainstream media..

Curious..Do you know if they were "legal" crab or were they taking unders and females also?

Last edited:
Best report on here by a landslide, took balls to detain these goofs. I applaud you brother, good good job. These losers are a well oiled poaching machine, hopefully the news gets ahold of this story and it's a warning to the other parasites.

Back