Best 25 footer

image.png You can pick up these boats for a good price, they may fit your needs. Most are under powered but you could sell the inboard and replace with a new higher horsepower sea Core merc.

Thanks Scott, a lot of boat for the price. I'm a big yamaha fan so it's nice this come with two! Anyone ever fish off a smaller Tolly?

Trophy21, the 2359's are awful tempting. Wife says she wants a separate head and I only get one OK on a new boat in the marriage so I'm going to try and get as much boat as I can reasonably afford so 25-26 feet with a full head is where I'm currently going. A nice guy in Sidney had a Seaswirl just a little bit bigger, a 26 footer with the Alaska cabin for sale in the spring, I liked the look of, not sure if he sold it or kept it.

Yeah
Nice find, someone is going to get a smoking deal. Too much boat for me right now, I'd get laughed off my halibut spot with that monster, but it would be nice for overnight Tuna trips!

Yeah it's tempting, that is a pretty nice set up equivalent to the 30 foot commander. To much money to run as a daily sport fisher though lol. Was once told to never buy a boat bigger than 26 feet.

Don't consider it a "smoking deal" until it passes a survey. I almost went for a $23K Carver 30 when I was looking for my current boat. Somebody got it before i did, had it surveyed & discovered it needed $18K of stringer replacement. Went on a test ride on a 34 Tolly that overheated before we got less than 1 mile. There are a lot of "buyer beware" boats out there.

If a boat is so GD good, why is it for sale? With new EFI engines, perhaps the owner discovered they "last straw" with this boat. FYI I ended up with a 33ft 1978 Chis Craft Catalina. The stringers are all hollow core FG with a solid non-cored FG hull. It comes from a modified version of the mold used on that Uniflte which FYI is the same mold the PBR's used in Viet Nam came from. The guy that surveyed my boat is an ex PBR skipper; has some interesting stories on the 1965 Gulf of Tonkin incident............

dmurph; the advice about nothing larger than a 26ft is good - unless you don't mind going slow. With my Chris & twin diesels I can run at 5 MPG at a 8MPH hull speed. A 25MPH cruise speed knocks me down to 1.25MPG or so. A 26 footer will cost about half my boat. Looking at new diesels now for $25 - 30K US each times 2, so the 26 footer would be half that.

Thanks! I like those 2556's, there is one in Sidney that needs a little work but I'm trying to avoid projects. If a clean one comes up locally with a kicker I'll go look at it but a lot of bayliners between here and grant's pass! I've been busy as hell at work and fly out with the family to Hawaii on Tuesday. When I get back I need to low ball a local boat that's been listed for 6 months. 2 other ones 1500 miles away at 20k less then he's asking, it's the old Vancouver Island Broker premium! Rumour has it boats start being listed again around the time the boat shows start but I wouldn't mind pawning between xmas and new years if I can swing a deal.

Nice looking boat, well with in your budget leaving room to rig it up exactly how you would want it and to repower it eventually. I would be concerned with that power if it's from 1995 or regardless with 975 hrs I would be worried. Would be a very sweet boat with a new motor and drive

Engine hours can be funny, I have seen many that are used often way outlive engines that sit and corrode.
I would rather have a single bbc than twin sbc. If it needs to be done do a stroker 496 cid, sweet engine and inexpensive to do.

This local one is nice from a price standpoint especially with the rib/radar, owner says one thousand plus repair needs to be done to steering but I would guess there would be a few things to do, but I'm still not convinced the gas Commander Bayliner style is what I want but maybe the family will disagree about my fishing/range preference over comfort. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/25-Foot-Bayliner-with-Command-Bridge_30733753

This local one is nice from a price standpoint especially with the rib/radar, owner says one thousand plus repair needs to be done to steering but I would guess there would be a few things to do, but I'm still not convinced the gas Commander Bayliner style is what I want but maybe the family will disagree about my fishing/range preference over comfort. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/25-Foot-Bayliner-with-Command-Bridge_30733753

My buddy has one. They are awsome for overnight trips. His has the 5.7 l engine and it is underpowered... He wishes he had the 7.4 l or even better diesel.

Make sure you check out the weight and beam on these boats as both are BIG!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-detail...ts&utm_campaign=email_alerts&utm_medium=email

I would definitely check this one out. If it has the dinette that drops down to a bed this could be a great set up. More on the fishy side but does have the stand up head. Interior seems a little dark would be nice to brighten it up bit. With the diesel power if everything check out this could be a great set up
I like that. Nice that the berth is away from kitchen and head. I've had too many nights sleeping on pillows smelling like bacon and farts.

Thanks for all your help. Search is intensifying as I'm sooo missing being on the water. I like the Hourston just posted on here and may go over to Van to have a look, but want a little more cabin room preferably a enclosed wheelhouse to be able hang with my son while cruising. Any nice boats feel free to post them here, but I'm already scouring the web!

Well, if your scouring the web..... Maybe not the best 25' but is one of my fave

1989-1990 25' Boston whaler
They made it for 2 years I think. They needed to compete with the fancy gradys of the day. Came with a 10' beam on the 25' hull, teak covers etc. Nice boat for only 25'

Look up the floor plan, might be to much boat but....

25-26 bertram's
29' phoenix if you can go bigger

Back