Bella Coola Hwy

Woody

Hey all,

Been hearing rumours of access to the Central coast being closed off by road blocks indefinitely.
Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of this?

“ Stay Local” is still the advice for all of us from our Health Officer. Parks and rec sites opening tomorrow, hope everyone gets outside and enjoys this spring weather and the great outdoors in their local area!

Cheers!

Ukee

Reactions: GLG
Everybody has an excuse. Hopefully the majority put others ahead of themselves and heed the Medical Officers advice, which has served us all very well thus far.

Cheers!
I asked a question on anyone having 1st hand knowledge of a road block.
not looking for a lecture on who’s better at social distancing.
My plans that way are just over a month out.
Should a road block still be in place, my route of travel will change. But my plans will not.

I asked a question on anyone having 1st hand knowledge of a road block.
not looking for a lecture on who’s better at social distancing.
My plans that way are just over a month out.
Should a road block still be in place, my route of travel will change. But my plans will not.

so, phase 3 CO-VID plan announced today and travel restrictions within the province have been lifted and we’re able to get out and explore every corner of BC, but...
Some communities are not ready to accept visitors yet and the gov’t is working with them to put a plan in place.
Specifically Bella Coola, Bella Bella, and the Charlottes.
Not looking so good for Central coast sport fishing and the businesses that rely on it.
Still waiting to hear if Shearwater has any plan of opening this summer in any capacity.
Still in plan limbo.

so, phase 3 CO-VID plan announced today and travel restrictions within the province have been lifted and we’re able to get out and explore every corner of BC, but...
Some communities are not ready to accept visitors yet and the gov’t is working with them to put a plan in place.
Specifically Bella Coola, Bella Bella, and the Charlottes.
Not looking so good for Central coast sport fishing and the businesses that rely on it.
Still waiting to hear if Shearwater has any plan of opening this summer in any capacity.
Still in plan limbo.
You can find info about the Shearwater Resort here; https://shearwater.ca/covid-19/. Contact them for an update.

Not closed.
Reservations confirmed today.
Yes Shearwater should honour reservations. Doesn’t sound like they will be doing much guided fishing this season. There is a meeting with Bella Bella and Shearwater tomorrow and we should find out more then.

Yes Shearwater should honour reservations. Doesn’t sound like they will be doing much guided fishing this season. There is a meeting with Bella Bella and Shearwater tomorrow and we should find out more then.
Thanks for your insight.
No need for anyone to stop in at Bella bella if thats the concern.

Thank you for the update Thunderjet 23 any info you can give us with respect to fishing, fuel availability for Canadians in Shearwater in August would be appreciated.

Thank you for the update Thunderjet 23 any info you can give us with respect to fishing, fuel availability for Canadians in Shearwater in August would be appreciated.
Shearwater is open. Nobody has been refused fuel unless they did not comply with the COVID-19 rules set in place. Watch the website as most of it is updated regularly. There’s also a link to a live webcam of the main dock.

I have a work buddy that is up there right now with his family. For the last 2 weeks he's traveled from interior BC to Tofina, Coal Harbour and now Bella Coola. He heads back to the interior today.

He left on the day the NTC was in the news about closing it's territories of which Tofino was one of them. But he said he's had no issues and Tofina was packed with visitors. He did a charter out of Coal Harbour last week (only 2 small coho) and a tour to the hotsprings in Bella Coola so stuff seems to be open.

This is all access via car though. I have no info on boat access. I was very surprised he was even traveling as his wife is super paranoid about germs at the best of times, never mind Covid times.

Back