Beginner looking for a good spot near Vancouver

N

noventar

Hi everyone, me and my friends are new to fishing but we love this sport very much. We have our own fishing gear (no boats or wetsuits) and we would go fishing every weekend if ONLY we knew a good spot near the greater vancouver region (we live in burnaby) that's not too far to drive to.

The only place we know currently is the Seawell's Marina in Horseshoe Bay. We went there a couple of times, the speed boat rentals are pretty expensive and we only caught two or three 3-4 pounders we can't name.

I know that BC is one of the best places in the world for fishing so there must be some good spots, I've looked at many websites but couldn't find any info (except those expensive fishing trip lodges).

So I'm looking for some good fishing hotspots near the GVRD to fish that has boat rentals (or bodysuit rentals if it's a river where you don't need a boat) where we can easily get catch some decent sized fish (fresh water or salt water doesn't matter, just not fly fishing). I know the knowledgeable, kinded hearted enthusiasts on this forum would know something for sure!

If you have the address it would be even better, thanks alot~

:)

Sewell Manrina has boat rental. They have fishing gear for rent such as downriggers if you are going for salmon. You can ask them where to fish and they'll tell you.

Yes BC has some fabulous fishing but very little of it is close to Burnaby-which is in the middle of a city of 3 million people.

Also you have to decide of you want to fish in Freshwater or Saltwater.

Freshwater-no wader rentals that I know of-in any case they are unnecessary in summer.
Try http://www.fishingwithrod.com for newbie info.

Off to work now will post back more later.

edited to fix URL error

Back