Beef Jerky

demco99

Anyone ever tried making this with their smoker with any success? Would love a good recipe to make some with my bradley..

A friend of mine makes it in a food dehydrator.
he uses venison cut into thin strips and it's great.
I'm not sure you would get it dried out enough in a smoker ?

I've done it with some Pinks and it turned out very well -- recipe is posted here somewhere. Same ingredients could be used with beef (or venison if another deer invades my wife's garden -- she'll kill it by hand).

Demco,
try ground beef jerky in a dehydrator.
it is awesome, you can buy a Nesco jerky gun kit from london drugs to get you started.
Guys at work never leave me alone when I'm making some, I can do a 5lb batch in about 5-6 hours start to finish
MMMmmmmm

Sounds good Gidyup,

Whats a quality dehydrator to buy? Will have to try and find a recipe on Bradley website's forums..

Sounds good Gidyup,

Whats a quality dehydrator to buy? Will have to try and find a recipe on Bradley website's forums..

Go with the nesco american harvest snackmaster not too expensive and does a great job and its expandable also has adjustable heat
Tim

Nothing wrong with using the Bradley smoker without smoke for jerky. Works fine with a little heat

I bought my Excalabur on used cowichan for $50, 4 tray , with heat .... good deal , and even more ... AWSOME jerky ...

Nothing wrong with using the Bradley smoker without smoke for jerky. Works fine with a little heat
Nope nothing wrong with that at all, I make jerky's, salami's, smoked salmon, pepperoni, sausages, if its hung dryed, smoked or cured you name it and I've pretty much done it in the Bradley including hickory salt.
but I probably will never do jerky in it again, Like I say this ground beef jerky done in a dehydrater with cure and seasonings is the cats A**,
Nick if you buy the jerky gun kit from London drugs or wherever it comes with a few cure and seasoning kits, mix it up, shoot it onto the the dehydrater trays, turn it on, and let her rip for a few hours.
my mouth is watering right now thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back