BC Provincial Election-I Voted Already

Dogbreath

Could be working late on voting day so I cast my vote yesterday-man have Elections BC ever done a good job of getting the word out/making it easier for people to vote in advance. :cool:

Consider your options it might make sense for you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Just think as I know how passionate you all are on here about the fish farming issue... "

I'm afraid, High Five, that I and I suspect a few others, are more passionate about the economy and frankly I don't think I want the Green party in charge of that.
However, by all means, I would encourage all of those who are wondering whether to vote Green or NDP - VOTE GREEN. Earlier today Adrian Dix was presented with a petition signed by 68,000 people calling for the abolition of fish farms. He took the petition but refused to indicate what position an NDP Government would take on the issue.

"Just think as I know how passionate you all are on here about the fish farming issue... "

I'm afraid, High Five, that I and I suspect a few others, are more passionate about the economy and frankly I don't think I want the Green party in charge of that.
However, by all means, I would encourage all of those who are wondering whether to vote Green or NDP - VOTE GREEN. Earlier today Adrian Dix was presented with a petition signed by 68,000 people calling for the abolition of fish farms. He took the petition but refused to indicate what position an NDP Government would take on the issue.
Looks like you and Christy had the same idea..... split the vote to let the Liberals in the back door. Never seen that one before.

The B.C. Liberal Party is employing an unusual tactic, apparently in the hopes of splitting the green vote on Vancouver Island.The party took out a full-page ad in the Friday edition of a local newspaper comparing Green Party Leader Jane Sterk, NDP Leader Adrian Dix and Liberal Leader Christy Clark.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/05/10/bc-liberal-ad-green-party.html

If the Libs get in because some of us vote our conscience it will still mean some new green blood sitting in the house. That alone will send a message to all the other parties that they better start listening to peoples concerns around all environmental issues instead of blowing them off.

The NDP is the worst thing that could happen to this province unless you are a teacher or are in one of the public trade unions.

If the province doesn't get any money from royalyies from our natural resources, which the greens and specially the NDP want to shut down, how do you think Dix will pay for all his promises, HE WILL TAX THE HELL OUT OF US, just like every other NDP government does, that and create thousands of unneeded government union jobs to pay back Jim Sinclair

Ya vote NDP if you want ruin for this province, WAKE UP

Bad,but the lesser of two evils.

Hahaha.....for the betterment of the province....DixHead will be worse. Your shipbuilding union jobs are not gonna balloon......BC can NOT compete in the Global market.

Having to listen to Jim Sinclair should be enough to knock DixHead out.

The trickle down effect is gonna be some kinda ugly if the forger gets in with his band of dolts. Dennis......you won't be coming back to BC to build ships unless the False Creek foot ferries need an upgrade.

The NDP is the worst thing that could happen to this province unless you are a teacher or are in one of the public trade unions.

If the province doesn't get any money from royalyies from our natural resources, which the greens and specially the NDP want to shut down, how do you think Dix will pay for all his promises, HE WILL TAX THE HELL OUT OF US, just like every other NDP government does, that and create thousands of unneeded government union jobs to pay back Jim Sinclair

Amen!

Wait for the money to dry up for consumers in this province. Teachers may get a raise.....on the backs of the rest of us, for no good reason other than they demand it.

Union sh*t makes me hurl as does DixHead.

Union sh*t makes me hurl as does DixHead.

Pippen,
For most fishermen on here, the idea of selling out our rivers, streams and the entire coast to the highest bidder, so that foreign and Alberta shareholders profit at the expense of our fisheries and environment and so that China can build yet more oil polluting infrastructure in that choking country makes US want to hurl!!

The Northern Gateway pipeline is THE defining issue of this generation of BC residents. Anyone with any conscience on this issue MUST vote in such a way to ensure it is NEVER built!!

I personally hope neither of the 2 big party options gets a majority. A split between the Fiberals and Dippers with John VanDongen, Moe Gill & Vicki Huntington holding the balance of power would serve all of us way better than Dix Or Chrispy.

After all both the leaders of the 2 biggest parties are only leading their parties due to "last minute ethnic sign ups" at their leadership conventions. The end run around due process that has given us options Chrispy & Dixie, is a cancer that needs to be purged from our political system immediately. We essentially have a race between 2 candidates who are both in leadership positions only due to cheating.

I will vote independent and hope many others do as well, we can't straighten out the cheating amongst the parties if we elect either of these diseased options.

Pippen,
For most fishermen on here, the idea of selling out our rivers, streams and the entire coast to the highest bidder, so that foreign and Alberta shareholders profit at the expense of our fisheries and environment and so that China can build yet more oil polluting infrastructure in that choking country makes US want to hurl!!

The Northern Gateway pipeline is THE defining issue of this generation of BC residents. Anyone with any conscience on this issue MUST vote in such a way to ensure it is NEVER built!!

Limey......I get that part.

Don't give me the "most" crap as you have been spewing your opinions on behalf of the "most" for far too long.

I too don't want a catastrophic environmental disaster in this province. If you are too blind to see that your DixNose has left the door ajar, well that is your mistake as being an informed voter.

If you are voting for Green.......PLEASE do! Recruit all your Guiness drinking 'mates'.....follow the broad who is so out there that I am sure the new Family Day holiday will be renamed 'Hug' day....trees, your neighbours, union folk, your compost bin, and hug the provinces economy bye-bye.

Please vote Green though.....please do.

Too late our current government has already signed deals with the oil and gas industry to send back all the royalties they collect. In fact the balance of payments to this industry has tipped in the favor of them in the form of building infrastructure so they can go explore for more. The average BC taxpayer has built roads and supplied cheap electricity so the oil and gas companies can turn a profit. If the true cost to the oil and gas industry had to be born by this industry they would not even be here. Same goes for most of the mining industry..... the game is rigged in favor of them and we as the taxpayers are holding the short end of the stick.....
Time to kick these bums out and sent the next set of bums in.
GLG

We need a government that can manage the economy and the environment. The NDP can do neither effectively.

If you think the NDP are an environmentally effective vote you are dead wrong. The NDP have never been about the environment. They lost the last election because they opposed the carbon tax and green voters went with the Liberals.

I know several staunch NDP supporters that are not voting NDP this year because Dix has said he isn't supporting the pipeline. The unions and NDP backers need that pipeline. It means jobs and that's what they are about, keeping their members working and earning as much as possible. If Dix gets in that pipeline will be going ahead after the mock "made in BC environmental assessment" is completed.

Back