BC FN granted sole access to Hunt Japser National Park

Validation of any particular FN land claim (aka: asserted traditional territory) is often a legal step within a court case; and a legal requirement of the Crown to acknowledge those asserted claims. Without those legal steps - we would not need to have this debate/conversation on this forum. It's the most relevant part of this issue.

I don't know if it's a goal, but all forms of identity politics are inherently divisive.

As soon as you start talking in terms of "as an X, I am defined by experience Y" you're linking beliefs and race, beliefs and sex, beliefs and wealth...it's fundamentally driven by social divisions.

It's foolish. I don't value free speech because I'm white, I value it because I've spent a lot of time thinking about it and it makes sense to me.

Race-based politics are not a good idea. "Progressive" ideology is sure enamored with them, though.

And therein the chief pretty much states the bottom line:

"Out of respect for other First Nations, Chief Matthew says the Simpcw won’t be back to Jasper for some time, as “it’s other people’s turn next.”

And just like that our National Parks become a private hunting reserve for Canadian aboriginals.
Next step: Occupation

Nog

It's always Fun to tip over a few Trophies while engaged in your "traditional" National Park hunt.
You know, just in case you want a lasting memento on the wall, or a buyer with deep enough pockets steps forward...

CN0vFJq.jpg

O3QWnnw.jpg

oGcshdH.jpg

Some though might consider it just a tad on the rude side to caption your trophy shot with the words: "Suck it up Whitey"...
Wonder just how long it will be before the powers that be get those removed?? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Nog

I honestly can't believe how out of control this "reconciliation" ******** has gotten. The biggest group of poachers and pitlampers in all of North America are hunting in , and about to gain control of our taxpayer funded national parks? Jesus now I've heard it all. I thought it was bad enough seeing the same guys every year hammering huge Rosie's on the island .You know, the elk the rest of us will probably never get a chance at . This bonehead move
takes the cake.

Are those legit pictures? If so, this is a disgrace to Canadians.

Completely 100 % Legit.
I verified through three different channels before posting.
These are in fact the pictures the hunters themselves took, then sent around to buddies to brag.

Cheers,
Nog

I'm surprised the media hasn't taken off with this . After the guy who shot the lion in Africa had his life turned upside down over a lion you would think the bunny huggers would have a field day over this .

Here's a fun fact , Jasper was hunted out by the early 1900's. Outfitters traveled to the Willmore from Jasper to fill their quotas .

I'm surprised the media hasn't taken off with this . After the guy who shot the lion in Africa had his life turned upside down over a lion you would think the bunny huggers would have a field day over this .

The media has been approached several times by on-site concerned locals.
The media have basically scrambled over themselves to put distance between themselves and this story.

The Anti's will not touch anything related to FN interests whatsoever, regardless of what that might be. They consider the aboriginals to be both "allies" and Canada's Noble Races, and as such they are considered above and beyond reproach.

Just the way it is...
Nog

I sent a letter to my MP yesterday to express my concerns and asked for an explanation as to how the killing of protected animals in a national park would fit into the government's long term "reconcilliation" road map. Will send an update if I hear back from him.

Maybe next year during the "opening weekend" in Jasper we should all show up ready to hunt. I'm sure we could form quite a crowd between BC and Alberta. I picture 5 to 10 tax paying, license purchasing hunters strolling through the park (we all pay to maintain) beside each non tax paying, non license purchasing FN with some air horns and bear bangers. Sort of like the jackass movie when they were blasting air horns at the guys golfing. That would be a pretty fun deal.

JuHeeZuz...

"“There’s no reason why we can’t take all the national parks and provincial parks that exist across the country and reintroduce Indigenous people into those lands, with their rights recognized, and give them responsibility in the management and operation of those protected lands
Nog

Wouldn't that be nice... We need to give them their reserve land and a lump sum and be done. It's getting worse and worse every year.

Our governments just can't say no. At a certain point we need to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Back