BayStar rigging question

N2013

Currently have BayStar hydraulic steering on my boat. Am in the process of cleaning up my rigging but what I’d like to do is run my hydraulic lines through a bulkhead strain relief fitting (made by TH Marine) but my fittings won’t fit through. Is it possible to cut the fittings off, run my hoses through, then re-install fitting & a new ferrule? It’s my understanding that BayStar hydraulic lines come in set lengths where SeaStar lines are adjustable. Plan B will be to just get a thru-hull fitting large enough for the hydraulic fitting to get through

Currently have BayStar hydraulic steering on my boat. Am in the process of cleaning up my rigging but what I’d like to do is run my hydraulic lines through a bulkhead strain relief fitting (made by TH Marine) but my fittings won’t fit through. Is it possible to cut the fittings off, run my hoses through, then re-install fitting & a new ferrule? It’s my understanding that BayStar hydraulic lines come in set lengths where SeaStar lines are adjustable. Plan B will be to just get a thru-hull fitting large enough for the hydraulic fitting to get through
You can get fittings meant for fixing hydraulic lines in the field. They aren’t as good as crimped fittings but work. I’ve used them for field fixes on my man lift and excavator. If it were me I’d install a bigger thruhull.

It’s been awhile since I installed my Baystar but I do remember cutting the plastic tubes to the length I neededi believed it was the helm end is a compressed fitting style. I used the same bulkhead relief as you have so the tubes without fittings fit through.

Last edited:
Back