Battery Replacement - Looking for recommendations?

firemann911

I'm due to replace my batteries. I have a Yamaha 115HP and am currently running 2-Interstate 24M-XHD, 1000cc amp batteries. I find they've been dogs since I got them several years ago... at time I feel my motor labors to start.... looking for recommendations???!!??

Try Kirkland. Ours are working well.

Most engines have poor voltage and current regulation on their charging systems & tend to over charge batteries. I'd say that "several years" is a long life & suspect your batteries are done - other to do with then being a less than ideal battery. With two batteries it is likely that only one is getting charged; not good. I'd switch to a large single battery.

Reactions: Fox
I switched to a large single battery this year and couldn’t be happier. Saved some weight and no issues with running it down. My kicker charges while trolling. I will post the brand and model when I get home.

I run batteries from Canadian Energy in Esquimalt. Great batteries and a fair price. worth calling them for sure. If you happen to be a VIHA employee you will get a great discount.

This is a good time to setup a house/start battery and install an ACR. My high amperage battery is strictly for starting the main motor. The kicker and all accessories run from a deep cycle which is the “house” battery. The charge in both is regulated with a blue seas ACR.

Very fool proof system and should help increase the life of your batteries since they will be used as they were designed to be.

I used quicksilver brand batteries and have been happy with them so far after 2 years. Thought one of them was packing it in early but turned out to just be some corossion on the terminals.

Two batteries set up same as Brando. You don’t want to be stuck with one battery on the water! I also carry one of those loco power supply batteries just for emergencies.

Back