Battery Charger failure

tightlines

I had this charger installed in ~2013 and it had worked flawlessly. I've noticed that for some reason it is being tripped into failure mode and I have to manually reset it. It appears to work fine again for awhile, but inevitably will end up back in failure mode. Do these just crap out eventually and need to be replaced, or am I missing something? I've been keeping it plugged in at home and have a dedicated 30 amp wall plug upgraded by my electrician. I have very limited electrical knowledge:)

PXL_20201129_000146062.jpg

Not my forte but I would say you either have a short somewhere or the breaker in the charger has got weak and needs replacing

A couple of things. If you installed in 2013 are your batteries that old too? That might explain the trip as they might be failing. I see there is no ground wire on the ground lug. Pretty sure there should be one.
Although these are high quality products they do fail.
I would try calling Pacific Yacht Systems. They are experts on this stuff and sell and service too.
I had a charger/inverter fail and they were able to test it and advise not worth repairing. I got a new one which is much better

I was having problems with mine and it ended up being either a battery or wiring, don't remember exactly though. I would load test the battery at a minimum. If you don't have one lordco does it for free

on mine I had to redo the connection that goes onto the battery terminal every 2 years ,don’t ask me why I don’t know . give the wire a wiggle at the connection to the battery ,if it feels weak , put on a new fitting , I used the shrink fit ones .
Maybe it was poor quality wire coming out of the charger ?

Back