batteries

Costco is where I get my marine batteries
I see costco does have marine batteries but I'm not sure if 2 X 12v CCA 675, RC 180 deep cycle are OK as starting batteries for my 6 cyl diesel the 2 X 6v in series golf cart deep cycle look good for the house

I see costco does have marine batteries but I'm not sure if 2 X 12v CCA 675, RC 180 deep cycle are OK as starting batteries for my 6 cyl diesel the 2 X 6v in series golf cart deep cycle look good for the house
Pretty sure they have a few different selections at the store..... They definitely do not show all they have online.

Marine 12 volt and 6 volt are seasonal at Costco. I was just in the Langley location and they had neither. They only stock for the spring/summer.

I'll second Polar Batteries on Boundary. Never steered me wrong. I've been purchasing there between one thing or another for quite a few years now.

I’ve seen these at Costco in the past.

Anyone tried them?

View attachment 50778
I have one of these Optima batteries on my boat as my battery #2 (it was the only one that would fit in my compartment that had enough CCA to start my motor). I alternate with a Costco group 27 marine starting/deep cycle battery (battery #1), using battery #1 one day then battery #2 the next time out. Each battery will start my main easily (200 h.p Optimax). I replaced my Optima battery after 10 years even though it was still working as new.
...Rob

Marine 12 volt and 6 volt are seasonal at Costco. I was just in the Langley location and they had neither. They only stock for the spring/summer.
the costco in Richmond has marine 12v and 6v but they are all deep cycle. anyone know if Cdn Tire tests batteries under load?

I have one of these Optima batteries on my boat as my battery #2 (it was the only one that would fit in my compartment that had enough CCA to start my motor). I alternate with a Costco group 27 marine starting/deep cycle battery (battery #1), using battery #1 one day then battery #2 the next time out. Each battery will start my main easily (200 h.p Optimax). I replaced my Optima battery after 10 years even though it was still working as new.
...Rob
Phil's batteries in Surry has series 31 ,925CCA,180 RC for $115 Northern Energy battery- I can't find a review for N Energy-anyone have experience with them?

They used to , try the Cdn tire (or call) on Steveston hwy in the ironwood mall, full service there
not impressed with Cdn tire in Richmond-couldn't do a load test (load should be 1/2 of the CCA for 15 sec) or test 6 volt (done with a hydrometer). Phil's battery in Surrey did a load test and OK prices

I’ve seen these at Costco in the past.

Anyone tried them?

View attachment 50778
  1. The ultimate power source for military vehicles and equipment. Zero maintenance, sealed design eliminates water loss. 15 times more vibration resistant. 3 to 4 X longer storage. No corrosion to terminals. Reduced risk of explosion. Highest power density.

2. Blue top intended for marine there are 2 versions.

Back