Bass Pro for Vancouver

pescador

Driving out to the ferry last night I saw a trailer indicating a new Bass Pro shop is opening at the new Tsawwassen mall that is under construction. New news to me. Haven't heard this from anyone. Wonder if thats driving some of the vendors like Nikka and West Marine to do what they've done.

The secret has been out on Bass Pro for a number of years. Maybe more than anything it will get Cabelas to sharpen their pricing. Nikka closing was too bad however it was for a variety of reasons.

Driving out to the ferry last night I saw a trailer indicating a new Bass Pro shop is opening at the new Tsawwassen mall that is under construction. New news to me. Haven't heard this from anyone. Wonder if thats driving some of the vendors like Nikka and West Marine to do what they've done.
The owners of Nikka wanted out since the property was worth so much they weren't young anymore and the business wasn't really growing.

West Marine's business in Canada was never what they thought it would be and they finally figured that out.

Bass Pro is a Big Time anchor for malls in the USA-'Xmas with Bass Pro'! 'Thanksgiving with BassPro'! 'You Name It with Bass Pro'! so it's quite a coup for the Tsawwassen mall to have one.

Look for a store that has few real deals (except for clearance sales) and is more of a dept store than straight outdoor products.

Yeehaw! Can't wait to load up on shootin sticks and some silver salmon killers! Should be about two things there for the west coast fisherman kind of like cabelas. Been to Vegas and Calgarys store walked out empty handed. Is it a novelty absolutely is it worth going to as a fisherman more than once...nope.

Yeehaw! Can't wait to load up on shootin sticks and some silver salmon killers! Should be about two things there for the west coast fisherman kind of like cabelas. Been to Vegas and Calgarys store walked out empty handed. Is it a novelty absolutely is it worth going to as a fisherman more than once...nope.

Agree completely. Didn't find anything in the Calgary store I needed in my tackle box. I doubt a big chain store like that will change their stock to suit our local needs. I'd rather give my business to my small locally owned store anyways...

Hey I am thrilled to have Bass Pro opening. I'd rather be spending time in there than another women's shoe or dress store while waiting around!

I'd rather give my business to my small locally owned store anyways...

Completely agree. Only time I have ever bought from there is when I had a gift card given to me.

I will definitely stop and have a look when I have time en route or from the ferries but making a special trip all the way out there won't be happening for this guy. ;)

Where would they even use one. The Bow River? Seriously though lots of hunting gear there and trinkets for sure. Fishing department sucks big time. However you could buy a Tracker boat and some 800 dollar baitcasters.

Its opening could be a bonus for bass fisherman...;)

Its opening could be a bonus for bass fisherman...;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Foamer

hqdefault.jpg

All I can say is I hope they carry true Daredevle lures. No one in the Lower Mainland carries them.:(

I do;),
I still have a bunch left over from my prairie days as a kid

Back