Barkley Springs

Prowler

Well the monsoons are starting to subside, and the smileys are calling. Got a trip this weekend, hoping to get out to the S Bank, but would be fine to fish inside to. Not many boats on the water right now as everyone is on the river, or finishing refits. A trip to Harbour Quay right now is like a guides convention. Just finished my own refit as well. Has anybody been out in Barkley or the bank lately? Any info would be a help.
Stay sharp...

Interested to see how you made out. Haven't been out for a couple weeks now, concentrating on cutts and chrome. BUT the big boat is fueled and raring to go, so if it's any good...

Interested to see how you made out. Haven't been out for a couple weeks now, concentrating on cutts and chrome. BUT the big boat is fueled and raring to go, so if it's any good...

Out for the nite bite last night. Few smallies to 6 # and one decent one we never saw. Got out late today till dark. Lots of action but mostly small stuff. Did put a few keepers to 10# in the bucket, starting to look good though. Out early tomorow morn, to catch the flood for a few hours. Couple of the feeders we killed filled with needle fish, so new strategie for the morn.
Now if I could only find my sharpening stone!!

Out for the nite bite last night. Few smallies to 6 # and one decent one we never saw. Got out late today till dark. Lots of action but mostly small stuff. Did put a few keepers to 10# in the bucket, starting to look good though. Out early tomorow morn, to catch the flood for a few hours. Couple of the feeders we killed filled with needle fish, so new strategie for the morn.

Crew bailed on me today! The monsoons have returned. Blowing and raining hard. Oh well, to be expected this time of year I guess.
Early yet.

Crew bailed on me today! The monsoons have returned. Blowing and raining hard. Oh well, to be expected this time of year I guess.
Early yet.

Early yet.

Fist full pull of the season. Didnt get away till around 9:00 am because of late arrival, but turned out ok anyway..
Fished the outside edge, Great bear, Mara Rk, Killed 4 nice springs, biggest 17#, 14#, 2 others about 7#, so theres a few around. Wind came up and forced us into calmer waters. Not much action in there.
Back out early tomorow.

Fist full pull of the season. Didnt get away till around 9:00 am because of late arrival, but turned out ok anyway..
Fished the outside edge, Great bear, Mara Rk, Killed 4 nice springs, biggest 17#, 14#, 2 others about 7#, so theres a few around. Wind came up and forced us into calmer waters. Not much action in there.
Back out early tomorow.

Back out early tomorow.

Yo Nogin, better get out there, afore they're all gone!!!
Yankin yer chain... Good bite again this morn, till about 8:30, right at tide change, then went dead, but still managed to boat a limit of nice chrome!! largest were 18.5# 14# 2 bout 12#.
Gotta invest in some new wet gear though,, holy %$#@ was it cold out there!!!! I dont know how you river hunters do it man??
Anyway, good recon sesion for our big derby next week, things are lookin good!! Maybe see you out there...
Prowler.....

Yankin yer chain... Good bite again this morn, till about 8:30, right at tide change, then went dead, but still managed to boat a limit of nice chrome!! largest were 18.5# 14# 2 bout 12#.
Gotta invest in some new wet gear though,, holy %$#@ was it cold out there!!!! I dont know how you river hunters do it man??
Anyway, good recon sesion for our big derby next week, things are lookin good!! Maybe see you out there...
Prowler.....

Prowler.....

Back