Bamfield Tuna Shootout

View attachment 48108
One of the Best Tuna jigs there is - made in Campbell River-trolling & casting both it imitates a juvenile Saury perfectly even fools Seagulls.

View attachment 48108

Swimbaits work well to

rs.php
What’s the name of that jig?

Weird place to hang a spinner blade..... :confused:
Old way of rigging trolling lures and still common with bombs/slugs used for casting to Wahoo.

Seen people use a small spinner blade off a hootchie and that works too.

Anyway to the Guy who asked it's a Deadly Dick.

I've posted about this lure's effectiveness in the past/have used it all over the place for Tuna & Bonito just beef up the hooks & rings as shown.

For trolling I like it waythehellback on 4' of 80# mono and for casting throw it out, count to 5 and retrieve at a medium pace no jigging action for Tuna; if that doesn't work throw it out let it sink for a count of 10 and burn it back.

20190921_182248[1].jpg

Old way of rigging trolling lures and still common with bombs/slugs used for casting to Wahoo.

Seen people use a small spinner blade off a hootchie and that works too.

Anyway to the Guy who asked it's a Deadly Dick.

I've posted about this lure's effectiveness in the past/have used it all over the place for Tuna & Bonito just beef up the hooks & rings as shown.

For trolling I like it waythehellback on 4' of 80# mono and for casting throw it out, count to 5 and retrieve at a medium pace no jigging action for Tuna; if that doesn't work throw it out let it sink for a count of 10 and burn it back.

View attachment 48132

Deadly dicks have some pretty sweet action. I still remember catching a beauty lake trout from shore on muncho lake at 1030 at night last cast before I called it(actual last cast...)

Back