Bamfield tuna shootout!!! September 22 - october 1

Osama Bin Hopper

Here it is fellas.

Lotta chit chat about tuna, lotsa pm's and stuff.

This is the dates. We are looking for as many boats to participate as possible.

The main objective of the event is to teach and go out in numbers for those who are new to the fishery. Create a safe and fun environment for everyone fishing these crazy.

Prizes won't be derby style, just participation.

Mills will have deals on the cabins, Imperial Eagle for the overflow.

Book soon, keep your boats in the water. This will be year 4 for me and I am as addicted as can be. Hope to get a few more of you on the pipe!!

Jeff

Awesome stuff OBH!!! I like the teaching, safety, and fun stuff for sure. I could meet you guys "way the f*** out there" on any good weather window. I would be heading out from Salmon Beach but with the distance we are talking the meeting point is about the same lol. I can always head South for the festivities as well if I can tie up near Mill's.

Thanks for being such a promoter of this fishery. I have only been out once and I'm an addict:D. Nice to see you posting a little more now that the season is progressing.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
tic toc tic toc.....we slayed em oct 4th so that timing sounds juuuuuust aboot right. can't wait! one hit and you're definitely on dee pipe!

I love the notice jeff!

I am in for a deckhand 100%. I am not a ***** and will pay more then my share.

Lorne

Sounds good but what do you do if the weather's ******?

Thats why it's gonna run for a whole week...

Gonna be at least one two day stretch that will be decent! Other than that, killin coho's and sweet beverages in wait!!! LOL

I just can't wait. Tuna Don's been working on starter kits for guys who are new, Breakers Marine is bringing in some gear as well.

I'm in the process of trying to secure a beer sponsor as we speak!!!

PS Nick your inbox be full!!

Made some room...

I hope the weather is fair and we can find a day in that week! I've had a lot to look forward to this fishing season but this one consumes them all! If anyone has a chance to get out for these buggers..it is really worth it! An experience start to finish!

Working on my schedulin now!

Thanks for organizing this Osama.

I am going to be out that way Sept Long weekend (August 30 to September 3rd) and hoping the weather will cooperate to let us preview the Tuna fishing and refine our technique. Definitely will get back for the shootout!

I have two boats line up for Tuna fishing the September long weekend but if there are other boats that want to go out, let me know and we can start a convoy.

Mark thanks for that info.

I have spoken with QCove in Washington and they are going to be a major sponsor of the event. They may even send someone up to do a little seminar type thing at the beginning of it all. Looks right now like there are 7 boats I am aware of participating.

If there is anyone who would like to help me with some of the sponsor stuff, I'd love it, kinda busy right now. I would like to get a reel sponsor and some others as well. Mills Landing has one cabin left I believe. Poster for the event should be out in the next ten days or so.

Probably be going out looking for the first time in the next couple weeks...

I got a severe reprimand for posting on wrong thread so for guys that missed it I will have some tackle available and hope to be around from Aug 1 till end of tuna season. Just let me know will help out anyone and will take guys out on good weather. Have the gear for fishing on the "slide" swimbaits that I got too late last year. Really want to try that this year. heading to courtenay for a couple weeks tomorrow and will stop at PNT Rob said he was getting rec tuna gear in. Maybe he will get some swimbaits.

Will there be any availability for deckhands? Some guys I'm sure fill their boats no problem but for anyone looking to save on costs and have some help...... can we make a sign up sheet lol?

I am in for sure, the hourston is ready for blood. Might be looking for deck hands, looking for something in the blonde 20 year old, girls that dont like to cuddle and love to kill. pictures a must, clothes a option.
Bobber Jon

OK lets get a list of boats going, guys who need deckhands, and deckhands who wanna go. (And can afford to and can handle it...)

These are the boats I have so far

TunaDon
Mills Landing
Slivo
Bobber John
Harper44
Greenhornet - I believe based on what I know...
Finished Business
DAK
Crazy other Dave from Calgary and his Whaler of joy!
Bod - Just guessin'
Gamechanger
Tykkt e blue ??

That is 12 friggin boats!! What a fleet that size will accomplish should be pretty wild.

Would be great to have you Tofino guys meet us out there and then come to the village for the after party!! (Which is gonna be something in itself)

Deckhands looking

Hambone
Lorneparker1

Also still looking for sponsors in any capacity. Have had a cash sponsorship of $500 from one of the members and some other offers. Any money going into this event is coming right back out!! I just can't wait.

Slivo is out there right now, can't wait till he gets back with a report!!

Trophywife - In or out *****??

Jeff

Back