Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

Seen a pre rigged one at gone fishing for $8 something. LOl I have no idea why they are so expensive, but I have always had good luck with them.

I'd agree with Kelly sir-vivor - one month makes a huge difference....I just went out for the adventure in my 15 foot hourston (& a good time with my son & a friend & his son), but the fishing will be wayyy better.

I fished tofino yesterday and it was a bit disappointing. Arrived off shore, **** on a plate calm, patchy glassy spots, put both sides down. Landed one, let it go. Then a double header. Kept one of those. Then a 20 pounder, and a 15 right after that. Only a half hour has gone by and we are happy that the fishing is good and we look forward to fishing halibut after our last salmon. Then we landed 2 halibut and after about a hour and 20 minutes of fishing we caught our fish of the day a 24 lbs spring. We were sad we had to go home. It was a bit disappointing.
That's the disappointing I was looking for :)

comeon ...someone give me some good news on the salmon front....

I had two guys working at the Shore Dock Building in Tofino today and they said it was pretty hard looking at all the boats coming in to Method Marine with their limits of bottom fish and salmon:cool:.

no need to panic ,

ya sounds like there may be a few fish up in Tofino , last report by Tofinofish indicated it was Dead there too , perhaps weather ,or maybe there sliding down to us ; )
lets keep things positive here on the " Bamfield Poett Nook Thread " heard from several that sockeye are really showing themselves in the Sound ,
thats gonna kick in really soon , the Hali fishin was Ecxellent this weekend , if all else fails , just get out there and have fun...
perhaps this high pressure system kickstarts things this weekend , were there next week for 5 days , and will be there often for the rest of the summer ,
drop me a pm if ur heading up soon , see if i can scrape up sum info for ya,,

*** a little heads up , there were more prawn traps stolen this past week , keep em close to home base , i here the commy's mopped up and rolled out ,
BUT , some traps close ta home still did decent this weekend , ****

fd

no need to panic ,

ya sounds like there may be a few fish up in Tofino , last report by Tofinofish indicated it was Dead there too , perhaps weather ,or maybe there sliding down to us ; )
lets keep things positive here on the " Bamfield Poett Nook Thread " heard from several that sockeye are really showing themselves in the Sound ,
thats gonna kick in really soon , the Hali fishin was Ecxellent this weekend , if all else fails , just get out there and have fun...
perhaps this high pressure system kickstarts things this weekend , were there next week for 5 days , and will be there often for the rest of the summer ,
drop me a pm if ur heading up soon , see if i can scrape up sum info for ya,,

*** a little heads up , there were more prawn traps stolen this past week , keep em close to home base , i here the commy's mopped up and rolled out ,
BUT , some traps close ta home still did decent this weekend , ****

fd

hey fog ducker ,ill be up tomorow till sunday ,,ill be on the boat ..firefly... if u see me out there give me a hollar ....ill be in my normal holes ..vernon ,pill,swale ,mears ...and maybe the bamfield pub if its open

Sorry Dan, I'm gone Friday till Monday!

For what it's worth, inshore sucks right now in MOST spots. There seems to be one place holding fish per day. Never the same place.

The banks off Bamfield definitely haven't 'turned on' yet. I made sure of that today! LOL...

South bank has some fish.

Big bank covered with "under 15's" so their ya go!!

Salmon fishing... non-existent
From all reports, Hali fishing is good but we didn't do any...a 65 lber was taken 10 mins from the Nook last night.
We came home a day early with 0 fish.
Had a good ****-up last night, so all was not lost.

Went Hali fishing Saturday morning while DoF searched for the salmon... we got this 20 lber near Beale.

hali.jpg

After hearing the salmon report the rest of the day was spent enjoying the sunshine and beers.

Went back out this morning but didn't get anything. But did see 2 more nice hali's at the dock at the Nook.

It's weird to see more hali at the dock than salmon.

BT

Salmon fishing... non-existent
From all reports, Hali fishing is good but we didn't do any...a 65 lber was taken 10 mins from the Nook last night.
We came home a day early with 0 fish.
Had a good ****-up last night, so all was not lost.

we did fairly well on the salmon in vernon and kirby ...

fish52.jpg
t101.com/data/500/fish31.jpg[/img]
fish18.jpg
fish41.jpg

Nice fish jeff!

thanks...ya the fishing wasnt the best ive seen but it wasnt all that bad ..we got 5 springs ,biggest 17lbs,smallest 6lbs ..got them all on one hot hootchie ...spoons werent working and niether was anchovie
my buddy in the pic has never caught a fish in his life up until friday

Hi Jeff

Nice fish all on a hot hootchy does it have a name or number???? Good for you catching some nice fish when its been very spotty over there.

Tight lines
Billydoo

Back