Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

last , and most impotantly , your daughters are still virgins !!

good enuff Kidd !!!

: )

fd

Felix
I can't wait until my daughters turn 18 so you won't be interested in them any more!!!

The Kidd is at PY Marine and had the new Donkeys hung on it this morning.
Looks sexy with the big white butt on her.

ck

Went out to try to find some springs today...Pill, Swale, Meares....saw boats, enjoyed the sun, but no springs to be found. Seemed pretty slow. We came home with a bunch of groundfish & some cool shots of an eagle. P1030102.jpg

Went out to try to find some springs today...Pill, Swale, Meares....saw boats, enjoyed the sun, but no springs to be found. Seemed pretty slow. We came home with a bunch of groundfish & some cool shots of an eagle. View attachment 3854

Hey pwport,

Is this normal for this time of the year, I am planing to spend from June 18-27th at Poetts Nooke to hit on some springs do you think my timming will be off for a good trip ???? I'm getting worried everyone seems to be thinking a late run this year , yikes !

That will be unreal timing i bet. Not offshore hogs but good inshore #s.

Whew ! Thanks kelly now I feel a bit better and can have a good sleep tonight LOL . I love the thought of hogs but numbers are just fine with me !!

:)

What kelly said. Late June is a great time to go---put your time in, don't run away from fish once you find them, and if you're lucky you just might stumble into an early hog. And those early springers are hot numbers. Sometimes a 12 pounder will clean your clock and you'll think it's three times the size. That for me is as cool as getting a slab, sometimes cooler

I fished tofino yesterday and it was a bit disappointing. Arrived off shore, **** on a plate calm, patchy glassy spots, put both sides down. Landed one, let it go. Then a double header. Kept one of those. Then a 20 pounder, and a 15 right after that. Only a half hour has gone by and we are happy that the fishing is good and we look forward to fishing halibut after our last salmon. Then we landed 2 halibut and after about a hour and 20 minutes of fishing we caught our fish of the day a 24 lbs spring. We were sad we had to go home. It was a bit disappointing.

I fished tofino yesterday and it was a bit disappointing. Arrived off shore, **** on a plate calm, patchy glassy spots, put both sides down. Landed one, let it go. Then a double header. Kept one of those. Then a 20 pounder, and a 15 right after that. Only a half hour has gone by and we are happy that the fishing is good and we look forward to fishing halibut after our last salmon. Then we landed 2 halibut and after about a hour and 20 minutes of fishing we caught our fish of the day a 24 lbs spring. We were sad we had to go home. It was a bit disappointing.

What are they feeding on mostly?

Wow ,

Wedding day for me , sounds like i didnt miss much , spoke ta several , sounds SLOW , too bad , atleast the weather was nice ,
Hope some of ya got out for hali , p on a plate out there

Time ta get on the monkey suit,,

my log book showed last June 15 -23 was excellent for mediums last year , all inside , outside not needed.. changes year ta year
sox lit up also by that time in the canal , have ur gear on standby , always fun...
gd lk , hv fun

fd

66lb in the lead so far for Team Emo ,,

Ken ??? lol...

You replaced me with Neil ?? fricken kiddin me....
or did ya just send en down in da bait bag lol,,

sweet

fd

2012Hali.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice fish Jeff you da man bro,sweet I fished Gabriola and picked up some nice fish this weekend but nothing like that fish and chips and beer and beer and beer lol nice job guys awesome fish I'm jealous I couldn't make it!!!

got our halis on southbank two 30-40 and two little guys what a fluke ! pain in the but measureing them ! have to get a better system for that maybe a fabric tape? sounds like tofino was where the springs were cuz we didnt get a sniff real slow for salmon did see one jumper in the canal

SLOW doesn't even describe the salmon fishing this weekend in Barkley. We managed to get 1 spring all weekend. We fished Meares, Swale, Pill, The Wall, and briefly at the Whistle Bouy. Got ours at Pill at 185 ft on a Glow Green Haze spoon. The only sign of bait was at Pill down DEEP.

Between all the people at the Nook this weekend we covered most of Barkley and nothing to be found except for a fish here and there..... really weird. But still good times and having BBQ salmon and crab for dinner so it's not all bad :)

BT

Last edited by a moderator:
We fished Saturday morning. Started at Meares made two passes up to Cree no signs of any salmon. With the weather what it was we decided to push offshore. Stopped at ten mile as I heard reports at 5 were slow. Started at 80 ft picked up a little spring right away. First trip of the year and the first spring, felt pretty good. Decided to drop the lines down to the bottom after 2hours of troilling we had 3 halis and two more springs, a 15 and a 12. We were happy with the fishing but inshore seemed slow for everyone. Going to fish inshore thrusday and Friday hope it picks up.

well these few reports kinda suck ..doesnt sound like the fishing was very good ..im heading down thursday till sunday ..hopeing things pick up

Hali Derby

Thanks to the entire crew at Mills for a great weekend.

The hospitality extended to myself and my crew was incredible as usual. We'll be back again next year!

Back