Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

Downloaded a few shots from the weekend.

bam1.jpg

Eagle-1.jpg

jamie-1.jpg

jon.jpg

thx for the pix Kelly

i gave up on the gaff , i sux at it , always a bluddy mess lol,, too many wobbly flesh shotz on my end
was hopin ya woulda seen sum better weather , thinkin it was mostly gettin out the new toy ( looks great )
and stretchin the lines out , sure ya guys made the best of it,

were leavin here shortly , gonna be a very abusive wknd

shotz on return

later boys

fd

This pic sums up our trip.........He slept like this for an hour while trolling in big swell and sideways rain. Not much to write up about this trip. It was a fun maiden voyage, great friends, good food, and plenty of drinks. The fishing and weather left a lot to be desired. Didn't take many pics due to the weather and lack of action but can post a few up.

jamie.jpg

Wow, did you tie a rope onto him so he wouldn't fall in?! I've got a couple buddies that pass out like that too, gotta watch they don't go overboard!

Good Update !

About sums it up I would say, Pops, Bro and Family were just over last weekend ......... hard to find the fish. Would have done better fishing Thrasher to Windchealseas.

Nasty looking weather your in is mighty familiar, but it all makes up to it when the fishing is good. How about some more pics of the new toy you speak of.

Good luck

HT

Downloaded a few shots from the weekend.

jamie-1.jpg

Please don't take this personally, but...

I'm not saying this guy is an idiot, just that he's acting like one.
He appears to be trying to take some food away from an animal that could rip his hand off.

F D

He appears to be trying to take some food away from an animal that could rip his hand off.

F D

Nope not an idiot, he just dropped it in?

Last edited by a moderator:

F D

Are you serious. He was in no way going to be harmed by this seal. He was just trying to bait it in so he could club it and gaff it and make a pair of Mucluks out of it??

BOD? OSAMA? ,,so is the hali derby on???? was gonna bring a couple table prizes ;] !!!!

good what boat r u in ! not sure if we are going to bamfield or ukee but well be on ch 68 or 16 call mike from qualicum or lordofthe springs hah!

We fished a few hours last weekend and got 1 ling. Didn't spend alot of time fishing so tough to give an accurate report. But not a lot of boats around.

We will be there this weekend. See you out there.

BT

I fished Meares yesterday for the morning tide and went one for 5 on springs. The one we got was 15lbs. We had another break off after 10 minutes - was a nice fish.

Hit an inshore spot with the anchor and pulled up a 35 and a 25 halibut.

Spotty, but a hell of a lot better than it has been from what I understand.

Looking forward to the little halibut derby this weekend, anyone who wants to participate is welcome.

Jeff

Back