Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

the fog ducker

Fellas

Need ta cheer Jeffrey up ! , i here ya bro , sites came off the rails a bit ,,,
see if i can help things get back on track..

SO,,,

fished a few days , covered alot of water , the fish are definitely not in the lower sound in any numbers atleast , my fish were all mid sound and out toward the surf , ALOT of fish in the 4-lb range , mostly marked , put ur time in and you will be rewarded , i kept 4 fish between 10-14lbs , all on needlefish , stomachs were loaded !, fish are now suspended a little higher , 60-80 feet was my range , i released atleast 20 fish , good sign of things to come ...

spent a day with Jeff and Jerry , Halibut fishing was great , came home with my " 1" possession , lol...
thx ta Jeff , always hooks up with Halli ! had a blast...

Crabbing soso , prawning was great for me..

get out there , have some fun...

later boyzz

fd

sum shotz

IMG00935-20120407-1506.jpg

IMG00936-20120407-1506.jpg

IMG00950-20120409-1647.jpg

IMG00946-20120409-1458.jpg

Deadly Felix! Way to smash them! Really happy to hear you go some glass offshore and were able to plunk a butt from the deep! Love the shot of the thermometer lol! Summers coming...!

Chin up Lad!

Myself and big Brian are on route to Bamfield tomorrow for a few days of swilling and laughs with mr. Jeff. Looking forward to it.

Report to follow when we're done.

I'm heading out for the day tomorrow in my green hourston...we'll see what we can find. Thx for the encouraging report fd.

Atta boy Felix its good to start getting some positive reports. Hopefully the site turns around. How's the road right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report Felix.

Looking forward to seeing Kildonan, Brian and maybey even Kelly this weekend. Weather might turn but we will see what happens!!

Be my last bit of sportfishing for a bit as I leave next week for Esperanza on a troller.

PWPORT we will watch for your boat.

Nothing much to report fish wise from our trip other than strong winds resulting in much beer swilling fun on the deck of our Mills Landing cabin. Lots of laughing and story telling as per usual... Good stuff.

Man, Gerry and Diana are doing a great job on the place. Two thumbs up, guys!!

Lots of fun as always with Jeff. Thanks mate, always a blast.

Kildonan it was a pleasure to hang with you and Big Guy and the Bin Hopper.Mills was a treat to stay at and hangin with you guys and imbibing on a beverage or three made it a good weekend.Hope to see you again out there
We picked up a few bugs on the way home

Kildonan it was a pleasure to hang with you and Big Guy and the Bin Hopper.Mills was a treat to stay at and hangin with you guys and imbibing on a beverage or three made it a good weekend.Hope to see you again out there
We picked up a few bugs on the way home

Great you got some prawns! Was good to meet you guys too, I hope our paths will cross again.

Cheers,
Jim.

Our trip out to the Bamfield Wall turned up nothing much. Then off to Kirby Pt. and finding some bottomfish....but the best part was clear blue skies on Friday & a great show by some eagles. Couldn't find the springs, but sure worth the trip down there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with Kildonan, another great stay at Mills! Gerry and Diane continue to add to the facilities, that walk in cooler is looking good although they told me its not a walk in beer cooler. They are such great people, they make it feel like you're staying with friends when you stay at Mills.

Too bad the weather kept us on shore on the Saturday, the upside was an extended shift on the deck BSing and drinking in the beautiful sunshine. Good to know I can still drink all day. Coffee drinks at 7:15 am, then beer, then rum & coke, then more beer until midnight. I still got it!!

The stories Jim and Jeff can tell are varied, numerous and entertaining; ask Jeff about how he finished his car salesman career...
Really nice to meet the Collins brothers too, lots of laughs! Good guys and I hope we run into you boys again.

I know there are lots of other places to stay in Bamfield but if you haven't stayed at Mills and met Jerry, Diane and Jeff you are missing out!
Bigman

Anyone heading up next weekend? We will be in a 25ft white hourston with a white aluminum hardtop, suzuki power and "JP'S Fishing Adventures" decal on the side.

Kelly is that your buddies "project boat". If it is wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of it to see how it turned out.

Back