Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

Will be at Poetts Nook July 4-7. If anyone is around come on by for a beers, Will be on a 24' Wellcraft, "Plan-B"

Will be there from June 30- July 6th at Seabeam, Drop in if you have a beer for me LOL
0hope the fishin picks up a bit from the sounds of things !

Clint
PS; Don't drink beer but a Pepsi will do LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
We are slaying them now boys so they should be down your way real soon

Hey Ducker, we are at the beam all week from the 6th to the 13th...will be hanging with the nasty one a bit as well...lets do this!!!!

Getbent

Will also be at the Nook July 2-7 the Chinook Breeze has no decals yet but she is parked beside the fire pit until we get there. Hoping to share some info with you all on the water.

Whats the latest from the sound and offshore? thinking of cancelling port alberni this weekend and heading out to Bamfield...

Was camping with the fam last weekend at pachena bay. Did lake cow/franklin in and alberni out. Lake cow route was good. Like fd advised, the first 12km (last 12 for us out) from alberni was no good...made us wish we went out the way we came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sounds lake lake cowichan is way to go..We have a trip there at end of next week... So good info...How has it been today out there? Have any those fish from north moved down?

Any word on how the prawning has been?

Wondering if its worth bringing a couple of traps over.

I got back from Bamfield yesterday. It was slow with tons of undersize fish. Fished pretty hard for 3 days Ship, produced a nice 26lber, and there was some action around Kirby with a million boats there as well. Also fished Austin, Cree and tried the wall a bit. Overall pretty slow though. The water is a nice poo colour. Oh yeah, after just one soak we pulled up two prawn!

Just returned from Bamfield. Was unable to go off shore the last few days as I had some friends aboard that failed to have their sea legs. It was rough every where. Fished Cree, Mears, Kirby and Austin. Lots of small fish we put back. Only kept the bleeders and two that were 15 and 21pds. Fish caught on white hootchies and UV lures. Had to work to find the bigger ones and witnessed lots of boats at the dock that had no fish. Not the stellar year yet that was predicted.

what the hell is going on with the gov dock? tried to tie up to go to the store last weekend and the dock was packed with big commercial boats, no room to tie up.

I noticed a lot of commercial activity around the government dock last week too as the gill net opening ramped up. Must be the sockeye activity causing this.

Motored around from Victoria last Friday. One of the better trips in the past several years. Light wind at our backs from the ESE most of the trip made the going easy. No swell at all until we passed Carmanah and with the wind, it was at our back quarter most of the way to Beale.

Ended up with a 20 and 18 on Friday and Saturday with lots of action in the 8-12 pound range. We were finding that the Coho Killer was doing well for us.

Tried heading offshore Saturday to 7 mile, but nothing but an empty wallet to show for it. Most of our fish were inshore sticking close to the points in 50-80ft.

Algae bloom had us running in coffee coloured water even as far out as 7 mile. Our dock neighbours ventured out to Rat's Nose on Saturday and noted that the seas were very rough. 2.5hours to get there, and not a fish to show for the effort.

Was at Seabeam from the 22nd to the 30th so a little late for this report. But as most people have been saying it was slow. We did catch a couple of nice fish but there were some very slow days in there. Caught a 25 off of Cape Beale with my two boys one day and another 24 and a 14 at Bordelais Islets another day with a couple of buddys. Lost another VERY nice fish right at the back of the boat with the buddys that same day.It was a solid 20+ pounder as well. Oh yeah, had one afternoon of 6 smaller springs off the wall with the buddys as well. Fished all over the place. Tried 5-7 mile, quiet out there, 2 smaller springs, tried meares, cree, austin, I think 1 fish and 1 good hit. Tried Pill one morning, 1 coho, back to the wall for 1 more coho. Jigged here and there for a few bottom fish. Foggy days, wet days, a few nice days, standard stuff I guess.

Attachments

• 20140623_135140.jpg
    20140623_135140.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 559
  • 20140626_175620.jpg
    20140626_175620.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 559
Back