Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

There you go with one of them Pat.

Looks like you fella's had a great time :cool:. Congrats!

Cheers,
John

Wish I could have gone with u guys on this one...next for sure.....My daughter did great at her horse show..was well worth watching her... :)

Thanks John. Looks like I need to get a lesson from you on how to fix uploaded pic's. We saw a boat similar to yours run by...any chance it was you? BTW, stop in any time you see us hanging about...there's usually a cold bevy kicking around.

I couldn't publish one of the pics....a certain team member had a little cat nap, and just for giggles a joker accidently- on-purpose poured a little beer in his lap to make it look like he wet himself. Needless to say the rest of us nearly wet ours laughing.

Derby you indeed missed some good times...my ribs are still hurting from all the giggles.

I was just an observer/reporter...speaking of cookie...we had the most amazing fresh rock scallops that he prepared for us.

OMG, the size of hockey pucks and yet super tender. No doubt he's a talent. Special thanks to Gamechanger for doing the dive to get a handful of scallops to share with the boys.

Well boys that was a blast, it was hard to believe it was November. 3 days in a row we were down to T-shirts for part of the day. Prawning was better than I thought it was going to be, usually by this time its starting to pick up again, but it's decent and likely will keep getting better right through the winter/spring in typical fashion. There's been a lot of bitching about prawns lately, and how they are all gone and fished out and .... well they're not, they're there, you just have to find them. We did a few dives in between the prawn soaks and its amazing how much fresh water is in the surface layer out there, the top 5-6 feet is a mix of fresh and salt-water and beneath that is warmer salt-water, was pretty cool. The garbage can on the deck in Bamfield had 21 inches of rain it from the time we left the tuna derby until 2 weeks ago - about 6 weeks or so. And its rained more since then too. We mixed in a little bit of sea urchin and sea cucumber with the other stuff, both firsts and wow that stuff is good too. The cookie has some pics, maybe he can post? A lot of laughs, good times and empties. The jager chronicles continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was...he fertilized the garden for me on Friday night, and kept the couch warm all day on Saturday. Good thing he hooked up the satellite before the Jager bombs went off or we would've missed the Canucks getting spanked by LA.

He was...he fertilized the garden for me on Friday night, and kept the couch warm all day on Saturday. Good thing he hooked up the satellite before the Jager bombs went off or we would've missed the Canucks getting spanked by LA.

LOL... ya that wasn't a great game bye any means....how'd the crabs survive with him around...:)

The game changers couch has become a lounge for the out of control and and the over indulged.
Glad to see it has the power to bring some back to life.
The rest of the story remains behind my pan seared scallop lips

LOL, well for those of us who peak early but can rise from the ashes like a Phoenix, that couch has amazing healing powers.

Most of the time you find scallops between 20-50 ft. If any of you guys are divers Barkley Sound has some amazing dives, and in the winter time prawning and diving are great things to do out there...and awesome meals usually are a result. Next time we are going to try and get some goose-neck barnacles, I haven't tried those but I hear they are good. Anyone tried them? The sea cucumbers we had were amazing, definitely going to get some more of those.

Most of the time you find scallops between 20-50 ft. If any of you guys are divers Barkley Sound has some amazing dives, and in the winter time prawning and diving are great things to do out there...and awesome meals usually are a result. Next time we are going to try and get some goose-neck barnacles, I haven't tried those but I hear they are good. Anyone tried them? The sea cucumbers we had were amazing, definitely going to get some more of those.
Yeah I've eaten gooseneck barnacles but there s not much to em. Nothing to write home about but then again I just steamed them and dipped in butter. How did u cook the cukes? I've eaten them twice but nothing tasty.

My cousin used to harvest goosenecks in Tofino,
He turned them into some pretty tasty critters.

Back