Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

a service station is being built next door to the free parking. got there about a month ago and got the last spot right beside the faded no parking sign beside the construction fence.Truck and trailer still there a week later

Hey Felix, would that be your old boat ?
BTW your balls are safe, the Sound is full of Springs ;)View attachment 13656

theres only one Ducker , that aint it lol...nice boat though

haha

hey Robert , took me a second ta figure out who you were ,
the $5k of Looney Tune stickers covering ur tub gave it away :)
Yes , the sound is full , actually has been since you left last week ,
even you should be able ta bonk one or 2 now hahaha...
been lazy , busy.... yes , fishin is great now ,
Adipose and yankee are good , rats loaded with various fish , alot of smaller springs ,
Southbank adipose had its days , larger fish , my biggest fish have all came from around turtle all summer ,
few tyees !!!

Inside has really heated up this past week , mostly anchovy`s on LONG leaders ,
few out there were laughin how fast i was rippin by ya all , i was pullin plugs lol , cats outta the bag !
we sleighed , 500 n 602¸s
yankee, ellis , harbor entrance , robbers , all holding fish at some point , usually in good numbers ,15-25lbs , few breakin 30`s now
also here the inlet is heating up , should make for a great derby wknd ,
its VERY busy out there right now , enjoy , get out there early , hopefully finish early,,

sum long awaited promised pics of some very good people !!
enjoy

hansum lill fella

Last edited by a moderator:
What a trip that was awsme !!.... Good times Felix , Can't wait to meet your hot catch :p, dinner my place .Those are some nice legs i mean Lings.:D

Think they are called Vella (sp) something like that.

Just got a little bigger Felix...talk to you after the shootout

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,136
Spent last week in Bamfield, there seems to be lots of fish around, but they're not hitting the gear very hard. If you put in your time though there's lots out there. Fleming and Witlestone seemed to be the best spots inside for springs, watch the seals at Witlestone though. All in all a great trip up.

Just back from a day and a half out there. Took my parents out for their first time. Got my dad into a real screamer, not a big fish but did she ever fight. The smile on his face when we landed it was worth the trip out.

The fishing was sloooow slow slow. Got one at Diplock, two at Swale, tried Mears, Mirby, effingham, starlight reef area, and a few others. Two were caught on a 5" cop car spoon, and the other on a glow white hoochie. The biggest one was in the teens. Didn't see many nets out. Not much bait marked either. Great to be out there though and will be back in 5 days :)

got back from a day out there yesterday fished from 9-4 managed to boat two springs and a chum with a couple other rookie long line releases by my friend, we fished the wall in the morning (no luck), turtle (no luck), kirby (mid teens spring and chum) and finshed up the last hour at diplock with a low twenties spring. Marked some bait in shore but all in all it was a slow day anchovies and small herring in bloody nose green glow teaser heads were what worked for us.

Just got back from a two night trip to Bamfield with the Mrs. to celebrate our anniversary. Yes, our anniversary. It was her idea, which I did not object to of course. It was also her idea to fish, did not object again.

We fished Sat night, Sunday and this (Mon) a.m. We did well. Got 6 nice springs from 10 to 24 and 2 really good size coho. Had to work for them, but found them all without having to run anywhere, fished Aguilar to Whittlestone almost exclusively with a couple tacks across the mouth to the wall. This am, we made a right turn out of the harbour in thick fog and trolled our way down to Nanat. Bonked our last just after the sun broke through the fog, picked up and ran down the inlet back to Port. Was a great weekend, and most importantly my wife thought so too. Beautiful weather in the afternoons.

All fish were caught on 602 pattern hoochies, single siwash, longish leader for hoochies and glow/uv flasher. Top rod caught all but one fish, which floated between 35 and 45. Bottom rod got the biggest, which was a surprise afternoon 24lber just west of Brady's, at 80 feet. Our largest fish was munching on large squid just before we bonked it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back